Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

First Gaming Build

So I'm building my first computer and I'm kinda new at this. I'll be using this rig mostly for gaming, internet browser (streaming, etc) and watching movies. I may do some content creation but the likelihood of that happening soon is pretty low, although I might try it for a bit. (Nothing fancy just SFM)

I'm not going to buy all the parts at once instead wait after each paycheck and order a part, saving the sensitive ones (GPU and CPU) close to the end.  

1. Budget & Location

$US 2,500

I'm not going to buy all the parts at once instead wait after each paycheck and order a part, saving the sensitive ones (GPU and CPU) close to the end.  Budget is $2,500

2. Aim

I'll be using this rig mostly for gaming (AAA and minor), internet browser (streaming, etc) and watching movies. I may do some content creation but the likelihood of that happening soon is pretty low, although I might try it for a bit. (Nothing fancy just SFM to see if it's for me)

3. Monitors

One: 3440 x 1440

I'm open to suggestions (with details on why part so and so is good) and learning. 

Oh, I would like it to be easy to upgrade as well down the road. 

Here is what I have so far. 

I don't feel comfortable overclocking right at this moment. Maybe down the road but not right now.

Which keyboard would you suggest?

Never a good idea to buy parts over time as you have no way of testing them. Also you can't use it until you have everything so a bit pointless imo. I would just save the money up until you have enough to buy everything at once.

Winter is Coming.

That is why I'm going to get the things I can test, you know like the case, software, peripherals and mostly the purchases are going to come around the same time as I get paid three times a month. When the paycheck comes in then I'll place an order.