New headphones

SmilesRising

Hello! im thinking about getting new headphones and what i could gather from friends and different people on the internet is that the beyerdynamic DT990 pro is a pretty good choice? are they worth getting and would they work well with a FiiO E10K?

Watches and computers                    

On 11/23/2018 at 6:06 AM, smiles rising said:

Hello! im thinking about getting new headphones and what i could gather from friends and different people on the internet is that the beyerdynamic DT990 pro is a pretty good choice? are they worth getting and would they work well with a FiiO E10K?

DT 990 is a V shaped headphone, they have a good low end (bass) for an open back, and they also have a lot of energetic treble that some people find too bright. If you listen to a lot of vocals I would stay away from the DT 990, because it has recessed mids. Soundstage is also wide and positional audio is decent.

They come in 3 different versions. 32, 250 and 600 ohm. The higher the ohm, the more difficult to drive. (600 ohm and an iPod wouldn't mix)

With the higher ohm versions, I believe the bass transitions to a more tighter and deeper impact, whilst the treble gets smoother and less emphasised. I've never owned a DT pair, but I've been told that they are pretty comfortable to wear.

It all comes down to amps with this one. I think on high gain, the e10k should be able to drive the 250 ohm version. Fulla 2 is also another option.

Sennheiser HD600 Logitech G304 White Anne Pro 2 LG27UL500

Ryzen 5 3600 + MSI B450i Gaming Plus AC in Fractal Design Nano S

28 minutes ago, Jz1 said:

DT 990 is a V shaped headphone, they have a good low end (bass) for an open back, and they also have a lot of energetic treble that some people find too bright. If you listen to a lot of vocals I would stay away from the DT 990, because it has recessed mids. Soundstage is also wide and positional audio is decent.

They come in 3 different versions. 32, 250 and 600 ohm. The higher the ohm, the more difficult to drive. (600 ohm and an iPod wouldn't mix)

With the higher ohm versions, I believe the bass transitions to a more tighter and deeper impact, whilst the treble gets smoother and less emphasised. I've never owned a DT pair, but I've been told that they are pretty comfortable to wear.

It all comes down to amps with this one. I think on high gain, the e10k should be able to drive the 250 ohm version. Fulla 2 is also another option.

thanks for the answer! i did some reserach and found the sennheiser hd58x jubilee and bought them so hopefully they are as good as i think!

Watches and computers