Possible upgrades.

Hello. I Have a Acer Aspire GX-785-EB11. Here is a link to the pc:   https://www.intel.ca/content/www/ca/en/products/devices-systems/desktops/gaming-media-pcs/acer-aspire-gx-785-eb11-H37649203.html

I have a couple questions. First is does anyone know what motherboard is in this computer? Second is would it be worth transfering the internals from the case they are in to a new one and/or possivly upgrade anything in it?

you can use something like cpu-z to get the motherboard make and model.

I'm willing to bet that is a proprietary motherboard that has a green PCB. What are you looking to upgrade? Usually, you can always upgrade storage. Maybe ram and then GPU is limited by the power supply. Why do you want to transfer the PC to another case?

Main Gaming and Streaming PC: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Vinsinity/saved/TjwVnQ

Ultrabook and College Laptop:

Spoiler

XPS 13 9350:

i5-6200U

8GB RAM

Samsung PM951 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive

Workstation Laptop:

Spoiler

Sager NP8672 (P670SG):

i7-4720HQ

32GB (4 x 8GB) CORSAIR Vengeance Performance

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Boot Drive)

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Video Drive)

Crucial MX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (Secondary SDD Storage)

Western Digital (Blue or Black) 1TB 2.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (Storage Drive)

GeForce GTX 980M 4G

22 hours ago, VinsinityKT said:

I'm willing to bet that is a proprietary motherboard that has a green PCB. What are you looking to upgrade? Usually, you can always upgrade storage. Maybe ram and then GPU is limited by the power supply. Why do you want to transfer the PC to another case?

I was hoping to get a cooler looking case that might be able to hold more lights/fans and might be able to handle further upgrades in the future. Also wasnt sure if a new motherboard would make a difference. 

22 hours ago, emosun said:

you can use something like cpu-z to get the motherboard make and model.

I will have to try that later and see thank you!