Desktop Windows Manager 1809

Mohammed2935

Why there are always errors in windows?

I was on windows 10 1803, I was right the installation of driver are smoother on 1803 than 1809. After that I update it via windows update, then re installed Nvidia driver. it went to a black screen for few second, longer then usual. the screen came back, the driver is installed then I went to reliability history and there it is DWN.

Are they drinking cheap water again? why Reliability history cant be clean why?

I never got DWM error before.

Capture.PNG

Capture 1.PNG

That's perfectly normal, during the driver install DWM is stopped to allow Windows to swap over from the old driver to the new driver without needing to restart. What you're seeing is DWM being force stopped by the driver install, nothing more.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

2 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

That's perfectly normal, during the driver install DWM is stopped to allow Windows to swap over from the old driver to the new driver without needing to restart. What you're seeing is DWM being force stopped by the driver install, nothing more.

Did you get this error?

I don't think it is normal because it went from 10 to a lower value in reliability history.

I formatted and installed clean windows 10 1809 before this time, windows 10 should download few updates, gpu driver and cpu driver before welcoming me to desktop screen. it should go from blurry screen to the resolution of the screen. it didn't happen on 1809 nor 1803 I went to a blurry desktop screen. I have to download nvidia driver manually.

is it normal?

On 11/20/2018 at 4:49 PM, Master Disaster said:

I don't think that is perfectly normal.
There is difference for a program being gently closed or forcibly killed, they give different exit codes and depending on them there could be the reason for why windows logs it as an "error".
For some reason it just crashed, can be an driver issue instead. I personally never had such problems or error logs for DWM when I update my drivers honestly. I did it today on my laptop using geforce experience and no issues were reported.

image.thumb.png.4b7256c25be66b0866d0caaa307a0508.png

As long as it happens once anyway, I wouldn't worry. Just check for file system issues and for system integrity with dism

11 hours ago, Lukyp said:

I don't think that is perfectly normal.
There is difference for a program being gently closed or forcibly killed, they give different exit codes and depending on them there could be the reason for why windows logs it as an "error".
For some reason it just crashed, can be an driver issue instead. I personally never had such problems or error logs for DWM when I update my drivers honestly. I did it today on my laptop using geforce experience and no issues were reported.

image.thumb.png.4b7256c25be66b0866d0caaa307a0508.png

As long as it happens once anyway, I wouldn't worry. Just check for file system issues and for system integrity with dism

I got this error when I installed NVidia driver on updated windows 10 1803 to 1809 via windows update. I installed the latest NVidia driver (clean installation) on top old NVidia driver that was installed by windows update.

I got this error when I installed Nvidia driver on clean windows 10 1809 too (same order)

I don't install  GeForce experience nor 3D drivers.