Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Static noise in headset

Spuddy0108

In short, I just got a new case and psu and now i have this static noise in my headset, but only in game menus.

In long, I upgraded from a Corsair Carbide 500r case and a Corsair 750watt bronze psu to a Be Quiet silent base 801 case and a EVGA 750watt Gold psu. All other hardware is the same. My soundcard is a Asus Xonar DGX and the headset, a Hyperx cloud is plugged in the back using the 3.5mm jacks, just like it was on my previous case.

Now, in certain games (Hunt:showdown, Wreckfest) i have this static noise when I'm i the menu. The strange thing is that the pitch of the noise changes when i go in other menus(for instance settings or multiplayer). When a map loads there is no noise at all and when in a game i can't really tell because of all the other sounds going on. In windows there is also no noise. It is driving me nuts. Anyone know a solution?

@Spuddy0108

this sounds like you don't have a ground connection, check your PSU cable, maybe you're using the wrong one, or the ground connection is broken on it.

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.