gpu and components compatibility/drivers/bios

atg117

hi guys i am new to pc building so need some questions answered. so i have already put a post up on what parts to get and i think they are compatible. if have read alot of complaints about the motherboard im buying asus strix b350-f about how little ram it supports i have picked to get some vengeance lpx 3000mhz 8gb ddr4 c15 xmp this is on the motherboa rd qvl but i wanted to ask for security reasons if this will work for definite. one of the other things i dont understand is about the gpu drivers and if this gpu will work with the motherboard i have picked the gigabyte radeon rx 580 gaming will the motherboard and gpu work together, also about the gpu when i went to look at the drivers on the gigabyte website i saw 3 bios drivers and 2 utility drivers and ovs the regular driver what are the bios updates and should instal them and do i need them?

woah sir this was a jumble of words and punctuation. That aside, the the ram and rx580 will work with the motherboard you have picked. Though, if you haven't bought the motherboard yet I would suggest a B450 board over a B350 motherboard. Also Asus has a tendency to overprice their stuff especially when its "gaming" or "strix" stuff. I have a strong feeling you're not going to overclock the ryzen cpu you have picked out though 

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

21 hours ago, mxk. said:

woah sir this was a jumble of words and punctuation. That aside, the the ram and rx580 will work with the motherboard you have picked. Though, if you haven't bought the motherboard yet I would suggest a B450 board over a B350 motherboard. Also Asus has a tendency to overprice their stuff especially when its "gaming" or "strix" stuff. I have a strong feeling you're not going to overclock the ryzen cpu you have picked out though 

I know I wrote this at 4.00 in the morning from where I come from. anyway why would a b450 be better than a b350 ? I will oc  the CPU but not by much just a little bit more performance out of the processor for streaming and editing. Do you know anything about the gpu drivers I asked about I'm very confused about all of that?

9 hours ago, atg117 said:

I know I wrote this at 4.00 in the morning from where I come from. anyway why would a b450 be better than a b350 ? I will oc  the CPU but not by much just a little bit more performance out of the processor for streaming and editing. Do you know anything about the gpu drivers I asked about I'm very confused about all of that?

was the bios drivers called updates? also can you link me the site that can help

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

On 11/20/2018 at 2:51 AM, mxk. said:

was the bios drivers called updates? also can you link me the site that can help

Sorry didn't read your question currently no they are advertised as downloads not updates. Contacted the manufacture and they didn't help with understanding what to do.

20 hours ago, atg117 said:

Here is the drivers page https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-RX580GAMING-8GD-rev-10-11#support-dl 

The drivers are named F82, fy1,f91 very confused with this

They're the display drivers. You install them so you can see what the graphics card is displaying to the monitor

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

3 hours ago, mxk. said:

They're the display drivers. You install them so you can see what the graphics card is displaying to the monitor

Thanks I got a message from the support team and they said I can also go to the AMD website and download the drivers from there is there any difference from AMD website or gigabyte. Don't know why there is 2 website with different drivers? Here is the AMD link

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/radeon-rx-580

8 hours ago, atg117 said:

Thanks I got a message from the support team and they said I can also go to the AMD website and download the drivers from there is there any difference from AMD website or gigabyte. Don't know why there is 2 website with different drivers? Here is the AMD link

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/radeon-rx-580

I believe theres different drivers because AMD sells their own RX 580's, so you would install the drivers from AMD if you buy a card from AMD thats made directly by them. If you buy the GIGABYTE card then install their drivers that they provide. I think they actually might be the same but to be safe just get the gigabyte ones.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

21 minutes ago, mxk. said:

I believe theres different drivers because AMD sells their own RX 580's, so you would install the drivers from AMD if you buy a card from AMD thats made directly by them. If you buy the GIGABYTE card then install their drivers that they provide. I think they actually might be the same but to be safe just get the gigabyte ones.

ahhh that makes sense thanks allot for the assistance. i will probably be on this next for help with something in the pc. getting the ports tomorrow thanks again all the best.

Just now, atg117 said:

ahhh that makes sense thanks allot for the assistance. i will probably be on this next for help with something in the pc. getting the ports tomorrow thanks again all the best.

good luck!

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra