PC Partial freezes randomly

natsuu

Hello, my computer is randomly partial freezing randomly when I am using it. All the programs don't respond to any of the clicks but when you hover over the icons they highlight but when you click on them, nothing happens. I can click on the windows taskbar and right click and all those things appear but when I try to click on the task manager or anything, nothing happens. CLT, ALT DLT doesn't work. I have tried updating all the drivers, run system checker and it still randomly partially freezes. And sometimes I can still use chrome but nothing outside of it works/responds. Also, there is no blue screen. This has never happened before and I built this pc two years ago-ish. Any advice/help is appreciated, thank you in advance.

Here are the specs:

• CPU
    i7 6850k
  • Motherboard
    Asus rampage v
  • RAM
    CORSAIR Vengeance LED 64GB (4 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4
  • GPU
    GTX 1080 sea hawk X + EVGA 1080TI FTW3
  • Case
    Thermaltake view 71 RGB
  • Storage
    400 gb PCI-e ssd, 1tb 860 Pro, 2x 12tb WD Gold HD
  • PSU
    evga 1600 titanium
  • Display(s)
    Asus Rog swift 34 in
  • Cooling
    Swiftech H320 X2 Prestige 3x120 mm Drive X2 Prestige AIO CPU Cooler
  • Keyboard
    Razer Huntsman Elite 
  • Mouse
    logitech g 700s
  • Sound
    Bass Pulse red led speakers
  • Operating System
    windows 10 v1803

I would try a reinstall of windows, I would guess something windows side had messed up beyond its capability to cope

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 hour ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

I would try a reinstall of windows, I would guess something windows side had messed up beyond its capability to cope

I would like that to be my last resort, any other suggestions before I try that?

12 minutes ago, natsuu said:

I would like that to be my last resort, any other suggestions before I try that?

Installing windows on another harddrive and seeing if it goes away first? Idk that's about all I have

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I would try downloading a Linux distro installer to a USB drive and booting off that.  Don't install it, use the try feature and see if you have any problems like that.  That should eliminate the software element to a certain extent.  If you have issues from the live stick then its time to start systematically pulling and swapping components.  In addition, Mmemtest and QuickTech diagnostic software may be of assistance.