PC Upgrading CPU and SSD

DenisD14

hi everyone guys i am new with the gaming pc and at the moment i have a cheap "gaming pc":

GPU Geforce gtx 1050

CPU Amd A8 9600 (apu)

MOTHERBOARD Asrock AB350M

RAM 1x8 GB Frequency 2400 Ballistix

HDD Seagate 1TB

PSU Corsair VS450

My budget is 200 euros and i would like to upgrade my cpu and buy an SSD, i have seen some CPUs and i have found the ryzen 5 2600 for 155 euros and this SSD

Kingston A400 SSD 120GB SATA 3 

What do you think guys is it compatible or not and is the ryzen 5 2600 a good choice or i can get a better CPU for 160 euros 

Thank you

the ryzen is a solid choice! I would not reccoemnd more due to your GPU and budget.

The SSD is pretty shiiiit.... look for a 850EVO or 840EVO might be cheaper at some retailers 

An other good and cheap option is the Crucial MX500

Also update your bios before switching the CPU! because otherwise it might not support the 2xxx series ryzen.

One last note: there is nothing wrong going with a 1xxx ryzen and getting a better/bigger SSD or upgrading to dual channel ram. Especially with ryzen it is important. 

Def. sell the old CPIU to get some ROI

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

thank you for your help and 1 more thing can you give me some advices for the bios update cause my brother screwed it up once with the bios  update and i dont want to screw it up too

1 minute ago, DenisD14 said:

thank you for your help and 1 more thing can you give me some advices for the bios update cause my brother screwed it up once with the bios  update and i dont want to screw it up too

go on the manufacturers website and check for the update, dl on stick, unplug everything except mouse keyboard monitor stick

install reboot ;)

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂