School PC Dosn't post

Eton
Go to solution Solved by Eton,

I found the issue! The issue was the DIMM's needed to be reseated! ( @MangetsuNeko @LukeSavenije )

I'm trying to fix this school PC and it isn't posting. I looked up the post codes for the model (Lenovo ThinkCentre M Series), and it turned up nothing useful. Could someone please help?

Video: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yqmErdOWh8dvX4CvCFnrZGAMcOgw94Vz

@LukeSavenije Thank's for your input! I'll try that and then post an update. However, I did have a ram issue before in another PC and it had a different postcode.

Just now, Eton said:

@LukeSavenije Thank's for your input! I'll try that and then post an update. However, I did have a ram issue before in another PC and it had a different postcode.

on most pc's (exept for ibm) 1 beep means or a memory problem, or a corrupt bios. and I hope for you it's the first. becouse a corrupt bios is way harder to solve

2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

on most pc's (exept for ibm) 1 beep means or a memory problem, or a corrupt bios. and I hope for you it's the first. becouse a corrupt bios is way harder to solve

Yeah, except if you google Lenovo's postcodes, 3 beeps is a memory issue. I will try reseating though.

Nevermind on my original reply....

If reseating the memory doesn't help, I would unplug everything unnecessary for posting. (Hard drives, DVD Drives, basically anything sata or USB, etc.)

Disconnect power completely from the computer and then disconnect everything. Plug power back into the computer (Leave drives/peripherals disconnected) and see if it posts. Also, if this computer has a GPU, disconnect that and try posting with just the integrated graphics. If none of this works, try some different RAM sticks if that is an option available to you.

1 minute ago, Eton said:

I found the issue! The issue was the DIMM's needed to be reseated! ( @MangetsuNeko @LukeSavenije )

Awesome! It's good to hear that it is not a bigger problem. It is funny how many times I've encountered a PC that doesn't post that is fixed just by reseating memory, lol.

1 hour ago, Eton said:

well, I see that general post codes are more important than the lenovo ones here. Good to hear it works.