cpu not being detected

illestupnorth

My motherboard isnt detecting my cpu after reseating, reconnecting, and resetting cmos, none of the cpu pins are bent or broken off

Mobo:B350m Bazooka
Cpu: Ryzen 1600x
Gpu:Asus r9 270
Psu: evga 600b
ram: corsair vegence 

The EZ debug leds only my cpu isnt being detected im so confused and worried because it took me a while to gather this money for this build
It was working just last night and after coming back home it doesnt wanna work

If it helps the cpu does receive heat

46 minutes ago, illestupnorth said:

worried because it took me a while to gather this money for this build

Don't forget you might be covered by warranty, so don't over stress just yet.

Now to the issues, could you provide a bit more information on this. You mentioned the system was running last night, so I gather you have installed windows and were able to get into the desk top? or did you just build the system last night but have yet to install windows or anything?

Also, what makes you think it's the CPU not being detected, is there a BIOS message? If your CPU is heating up I gather that's a promising sign. When you enter BIOS is your CPU detected in there, I gather it must be if you're able to tell it is heating up.

Make sure that the CPU power cable is plugged into the motherboard, this power cable is different from the 24pin power cable. Though since you had it running lastnight it would be odd if the power cable became unplugged. Doing some reading on this issue, some users have mentioned that the EZ debug LED you're seeing on the CPU is a result of the motherboard not detecting any iGPU, as the 1600x doesn't support integrated graphics. They suggested that you make sure your display cable is plugged into a GPU and not the onboard display ports found on the rear I/O of the motherbaord

Just provide more info on this and a picture of 2 if you can.

14 minutes ago, cartdog said:

Don't forget you might be covered by warranty, so don't over stress just yet.

Now to the issues, could you provide a bit more information on this. You mentioned the system was running last night, so I gather you have installed windows and were able to get into the desk top? or did you just build the system last night but have yet to install windows or anything?

Also, what makes you think it's the CPU not being detected, is there a BIOS message? If your CPU is heating up I gather that's a promising sign. When you enter BIOS is your CPU detected in there, I gather it must be if you're able to tell it is heating up.

Make sure that the CPU power cable is plugged into the motherboard, this power cable is different from the 24pin power cable. Though since you had it running lastnight it would be odd if the power cable became unplugged. Doing some reading on this issue, some users have mentioned that the EZ debug LED you're seeing on the CPU is a result of the motherboard not detecting any iGPU, as the 1600x doesn't support integrated graphics. They suggested that you make sure your display cable is plugged into a GPU and not the onboard display ports found on the rear I/O of the motherbaord

Just provide more info on this and a picture of 2 if you can.

I've had it worked for about 2 weeks now and it was just working last night, it is connected DIRECTLY to my GPU, it does not boot up to bios nor does my keyboard light up, ive reconnected the cpu and 24 pin slot twice and make sured they were in place15421616627974479595772080198938.thumb.jpg.16bbf4168f952907e12ca1464063218e.jpg

15421617093146718569038089773799.jpg

Thanks for the pictures and description. I can't help but notice that you're missing atleast 3 screws for your motherboard standoffs. Perhaps someone with a bit more knowledge of this could tell you whether that's has caused an issue or not. If you do decide to put screws in them, make sure your PC is powered off, unplugged and discharged (by pressing power button after PC power unplugged)

38 minutes ago, cartdog said:

Thanks for the pictures and description. I can't help but notice that you're missing atleast 3 screws for your motherboard standoffs. Perhaps someone with a bit more knowledge of this could tell you whether that's has caused an issue or not. If you do decide to put screws in them, make sure your PC is powered off, unplugged and discharged (by pressing power button after PC power unplugged)

I doubt its a problem with the screws but thank you for your help

38 minutes ago, illestupnorth said:

I doubt its a problem with the screws but thank you for your help

Hopefully it's not a misplaced stand off.... or maybe you were too rough on the CPU. This happend to me once and a tiny drop of liquid metal fell on the board. Many possible causes. Any error codes beeps?  

45 minutes ago, Shadow_Storm56 said:

Hopefully it's not a misplaced stand off.... or maybe you were too rough on the CPU. This happend to me once and a tiny drop of liquid metal fell on the board. Many possible causes. Any error codes beeps?  

I don't have a speaker on the mobo so I wouldn't know

At last i found the solution it didnt have enough pressure on it but when i did put pressure on it it asked for a setup 2 blue bars showed on the mid right to far right of my monitor

2 minutes ago, illestupnorth said:

At last i found the solution it didnt have enough pressure on it but when i did put pressure on it it asked for a setup 2 blue bars showed on the mid right to far right of my monitor

another problem now, when i attempt to boot it starts for a second then turns off but if i hold it some mobo leds light up bjt nothing really works

9 minutes ago, illestupnorth said:

another problem now, when i attempt to boot it starts for a second then turns off but if i hold it some mobo leds light up bjt nothing really works

reset cmos and it powered on but still back to square one, cpu is still not being recognized even after putting gentle to a little force on the cpu

1 minute ago, illestupnorth said:

reset cmos and it powered on but still back to square one, cpu is still not being recognized even after putting gentle to a little force on the cpu

If it turns out to be a dead cpu I might just order a replacement from amazon