About Macbook Pro i9 model.....

I saw a blog about Macbook Pro(Core i9 model) recently. I read comment and one comment said “Apple can’t fix thermal issue yet” Is he right? Because my friend said “After patch, it showed better permance at same tem.” 

Edited by Lord TACHANKA

it showed better performence? no, it hid the troddle it does. a laptop that thin just can't cool a i9. that's a fact if you ask me

8 minutes ago, Lord TACHANKA said:

I saw a blog about Macbook Pro(Core i9 model) recently. I read comment and one comment said “Apple can’t fix thermal issue yet” Is he right? Because my friend said “After patch, it showed better permance at same tem.” 

The patch made it better, that's for sure. It still heavily throttles and severely under performs considering what its hardware would be capable of if cooled properly.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

6 minutes ago, Sauron said:

The patch made it better, that's for sure. It still heavily throttles and severely under performs considering what its hardware would be capable of if cooled properly.

I want to know this. I saw a after patch vidoe and all of them running at base clock speed(2.9GHz) does it mean its thermal throttling?

39 minutes ago, Lord TACHANKA said:

I want to know this. I saw a after patch vidoe and all of them running at base clock speed(2.9GHz) does it mean its thermal throttling?

Yes, at least some of the cores should be running at boost speeds when under load. The cpu also gets hotter with time so after a few minutes it may go below base clocks.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Apple uses SINGLE heatpipe to cool the 6-core i9, so no matter what apple do in software, it IS going to throttle.

Unless you wanted the extra cache and single core performance, there's NO reason to go for 8950HK since it runs very hot, even a bulky laptop with excellent cooling is struggling to keep it cool, forget about thin and light

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

As far as I am concerned there is not point in having an i9 in a small formfactor. Unless you can change the fundamental law of physics which Apple as far as I know can't yet, you will always have thermal throttle.