plz help...

Go to solution Solved by Umberto,

https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/faq/

IGPs older than the HD4000 are not supported

Hi,

So I've been trying to find a cheap version of castlevania symphony of the night for my ps1 but its like a low, low price of fucking 50 dollars. 

Thus, so then I just decided to fire up dolphin. Now, currently I'm on a trip so I'm not gonna bring my desktop obviously so just keep in mind I'm using a macbook from 2008. ( Running macos ) 

So i've never used dolphin on macos but I'm not completely ignorant to emulation. So I wanted to test it out, maybe play some doom. 

And so it doesn't fire up. I've heard that emulating games are harder then doing it on the actual oem console that the game was intended to be played on and I've heard that it takes more beastly components that the original hardware used in the original system to emulate. However, I'm pretty fucking sure my fucking laptop even from the 2008 can run doom. I'm sure as fuck. So I just sorta tried castlevania and that didn't work. I did load the iso files ( for doom I loaded the wad file ) 

and it turns black and then it gives an error message and crashes.

1395674727_ScreenShot2018-11-11at9_54_48PM.png.90295d624982a80e10d39405c0ac0b48.png

My current code projects

--------------------------------

• C#/OpenGL ( using OpenTK graphics library API ) KnightsRealm ( unfinished, WIP plan on releasing on steam maybe a mobile port idk ) 2d topdown pixel art based game with medieval themes, sorcery, dragons, open world
  • C++ crypter ( if your into cryptography, I plan on releasing this on my website later :P
  • C#/OpenGL ( OpenGL for UI ) fan/light controller for my room w/ raspberry pi and some mechanical motors and stuff :D

Current repair projects

------------------------------

• My dreadful receiver ( a capacitor blew ) 
  • working on a PC from a client, CPU died within the system, seems like a short, replaced CPU and awaiting payment before I ship it back 
  • my old 1tb sas drive for my NAS, some blemishes or something on the PCB need to clear that back out, if it doesn't work i'll need to scrap it ( already backed up all my stuff thankfully )

If you want any software made, or stuff to be repaired give me an email! 
    mike.fernandez5138699@gmail.com

@Umberto Thanks mate. 

My current code projects

--------------------------------

• C#/OpenGL ( using OpenTK graphics library API ) KnightsRealm ( unfinished, WIP plan on releasing on steam maybe a mobile port idk ) 2d topdown pixel art based game with medieval themes, sorcery, dragons, open world
  • C++ crypter ( if your into cryptography, I plan on releasing this on my website later :P
  • C#/OpenGL ( OpenGL for UI ) fan/light controller for my room w/ raspberry pi and some mechanical motors and stuff :D

Current repair projects

------------------------------

• My dreadful receiver ( a capacitor blew ) 
  • working on a PC from a client, CPU died within the system, seems like a short, replaced CPU and awaiting payment before I ship it back 
  • my old 1tb sas drive for my NAS, some blemishes or something on the PCB need to clear that back out, if it doesn't work i'll need to scrap it ( already backed up all my stuff thankfully )

If you want any software made, or stuff to be repaired give me an email! 
    mike.fernandez5138699@gmail.com