i7 9700k, ASUS ROG z370 strix e-gmaing Mobo, won't post

I am upgrading my computer and have run into an issue. I upgraded to the i7 9700k so I had to buy a new motherboard. I got the ASUS ROG z370 Strix e-gaming. It's listed on their site that this board supports the 9700k. I had a i7 6700k before and a MSI z170a pc mate board. I have a 1000w PSU. I have 32Gb of Team Group DDR4 RAM 2400mhz that is also listed on the site as supported. I have an AIO water cooler. I'm using a MSI GTX 1080. I've swapped everything over and started it up without it posting. All the fans turn on, all the lights light up but nothing to the screen. There are 4 leds to show trouble but none of them light up. No matter my RAM configuration or resetting it nothing changes. Any tips? I've done since put my old MOBO and CPU in and it started up just fine.

The Z370 boards only support the 9th gen if you update their BIOS using an 8th gen CPU first.

This is why Z390 exists, to support them natively, its expected that anyone using a Z370 will be upgrading from an 8th gen so can already update prior to the upgrade.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7