powersuply causes fuzeblow! what is going on?

sorry for my english im from germany

i am at the procces of building my new pc but for some reason when i did the pretest of the parts when i connected the powersuply with the plug and then switch the button from off to on it caused the fuze to short out!

i have a corsair rm850x white

at that time i had my old computer on as well as one monitor for stresstestboot and one for a youtubevideo how to build a pc!

i tried it with the computer turned off and still i got a fuze short when i switched the powersupply to on!

i even unplugged my consoles that werent on as well as my tv(off), still the fuze shorted out!

when i tried again only the monitor and the powersupply was connected, same thing

what could be the problem? can the powersupply realy take that much voltage? i live in germany so my plugvoltage is 230V and the powersupply at max needs 12!

is the problem the plug itselfe?

AND VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION

i had my motherboard(32 ram,cpu9900k, 970evo) with my gpu connected to the powersupply coonnected when the fuze shorted out! could that have damaged the components? and could i test the powersupply in other plugs to test it or does fuze shorted cause it to damage the poowersupply?

CPU: Intel I9-9900K Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus XI CODE RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance PRO 3200MHZ GPU: Asus ROG 2080ti OC Storage: Samsung 970pro 2x1TB, 2Tb HDD Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling:custom loop incoming, for now 360 rog ryujin!

Are you plugging into the mains when this happens or plugging the lead into the back of the PSU while that lead is live?

Is the PSU turned on or off when you plug it in?  It should be off.

If its happening when its turned off I would indeed be concerned its the cable or a fault in the PSU itself.  Have you tried a different cable?

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

2 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Are you plugging into the mains when this happens or plugging the lead into the back of the PSU while that lead is live?

Is the PSU turned on or off when you plug it in?  It should be off.

If its happening when its turned off I would indeed be concerned its the cable or a fault in the PSU itself.  Have you tried a different cable?

it was connected from the powersupply to the mothereboard and gpu! the switch was turned off, THEN i pluged the power to the plug and switched it on AND fuze out!

when it it on off should nothing happen right?

CPU: Intel I9-9900K Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus XI CODE RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance PRO 3200MHZ GPU: Asus ROG 2080ti OC Storage: Samsung 970pro 2x1TB, 2Tb HDD Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling:custom loop incoming, for now 360 rog ryujin!

On or Off nothing should immediately happen, but if its blowing the fuse when its off then something is definitely wrong as there should be no circuit in the PSU at that point, other than potentially a few smoothing capacitors.

I wonder if those caps are faulty and causing a dead short, or a poor soldering job on the socket inside.  Should be easy enough to tell if its the cable, plugging it in without the other end plugged into the PSU should be enough.

Either way, I doubt its anything you have done as the PSU itself should shut down if the wiring in the PC is shorting, or something would have gotten fried.  The fact its blowing the main fuse is promising that nothing has been damaged, the PSU won't have had time to start up.

WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)

1 minute ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

On or Off nothing should immediately happen, but if its blowing the fuse when its off then something is definitely wrong as there should be no circuit in the PSU at that point, other than potentially a few smoothing capacitors.

I wonder if those caps are faulty and causing a dead short, or a poor soldering job on the socket inside.  Should be easy enough to tell if its the cable, plugging it in without the other end plugged into the PSU should be enough.

i always plug it in off and the swichit to on and then fuzeblow!

but it could be the motherboaRED I ALWAYS GET THE ERRORCODE A2 AND I ALREADY TRIED ALL VARIABLES STILL NO BOOT AND BLACKSCREEN! maybie its the motherboard thats faulty!

Ah so it blows when you switch it on, okay, I thought you meant it happened immediately.

I'd still be thinking its the PSU, a motherboard fault should cause the PSU to shut down as its completely isolated from the mains other than the ground.  I guess if something was shorting to ground it might be enough to trip certain kinds of breakers.  But it could also again be those capacitors that are leaking too much current once they warm up.

How long is it running before it blows?

1 minute ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Ah so it blows when you switch it on, okay, I thought you meant it happened immediately.

I'd still be thinking its the PSU, a motherboard fault should cause the PSU to shut down as its completely isolated from the mains other than the ground.  I guess if something was shorting to ground it might be enough to trip certain kinds of breakers.  But it could also again be those capacitors that are leaking too much current once they warm up.

How long is it running before it blows? 

How long? IMMEDIATLY

and i tried now to plug in the psu to the plug without the cables connected to the motherboard and there is no fuzeblow when swiching on! im confused! does the psu give the motherboard the wrong power and that causes it to blow?

Try plugging in just the motherboard power connectors and see what happens.  Its certainly odd, as anything going wrong on the DC side shouldn't really trigger the fuse.

Where is this fuse that keeps blowing anyway?