[Beating Brain] Baffling Keyboard driver(?) problem.

Go to solution Solved by FPScanada,

I kmow this post is old but I JUST found out the problem. I was using EVGA flow control for the EVGA AIO cooler i have and the 'NUMPAD-5' was bound to take a screenshot on EVGA Flow Control but it worked even with EVGA FC running in the background. So everytime i pressed numpad 5 it just took a screenshot instead.... I would have never figured it out if i wasn't messing with the settings in EVGA Flow Control, as i think it was set to that by default. Anyways thankyou for trying to help.

I will keep this as quick and to the point as possible, first let me just thank whoever takes the time to read this. Yesterday i noticed (i really do not know how) that my 'numpad 5' key was not working. I have a mechanical keyboard with backlit switches and the light was illuminated on the key. I brought up a keyboard test software and it recognized the key, so i rebooted and tried to use it in the password text box for it to work fine, until i got into windows.. then same thing. The Keyboard i was using is a Hyperx Alloy fps but i don't think that matters. So I brought the keyboard to the old imac in the next room to find it working perfectly. I also took the apple made keyboard that had a numpad on it and tried it on my PC resulting in the same behavior, still no numpad 5. The rest of the numpad works and the other 5 works fine. I also tested the on screen keyboard with the same results. It won't even let me map the key in a game. I uninstalled the drivers and i thought it was working for a minute but now same thing.. I am so stumped. If the on screen keyboard is doing the same thing then it can't be my physical keyboard (thank god). It also seems to work for a few seconds right after logging in to windows before it stops. Thank you to anyone who can help

You still use num pad?

With Great Power, Comes a Great Electricity Bill

Main

Setup: Intel core i5-8400 (OC'd), MSI Z-370-A Pro, Crucial Ballistix 8GB, Be Quiet! Pure Slim, Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5 RGB, TP-Link Wifi Adapter, ASRock RX580, Artic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste, Logitech G105, Logitech M310, Razer Sphex V2 (Mat), EVGA 500W 80+ Silver, 1TB WD Blue, 240gb Kingston Digital

Check in your device manager if one of the keyboard drivers are disabled.

With Great Power, Comes a Great Electricity Bill

Main

Setup: Intel core i5-8400 (OC'd), MSI Z-370-A Pro, Crucial Ballistix 8GB, Be Quiet! Pure Slim, Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5 RGB, TP-Link Wifi Adapter, ASRock RX580, Artic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste, Logitech G105, Logitech M310, Razer Sphex V2 (Mat), EVGA 500W 80+ Silver, 1TB WD Blue, 240gb Kingston Digital

• 1 month later...

I kmow this post is old but I JUST found out the problem. I was using EVGA flow control for the EVGA AIO cooler i have and the 'NUMPAD-5' was bound to take a screenshot on EVGA Flow Control but it worked even with EVGA FC running in the background. So everytime i pressed numpad 5 it just took a screenshot instead.... I would have never figured it out if i wasn't messing with the settings in EVGA Flow Control, as i think it was set to that by default. Anyways thankyou for trying to help.