1950X node temp spread

Not sure if this should go in cooing or here, but anyway -

X399 with an EK waterblock on the VRM and die.  On HWINFO64 I see node temps from 45-55C under full load.  All that is fine, but I have noticed lately a spread between the 2 nodes.  Today the high was 52.6 on node 0 and 47.4 on node 1.  I don't remember seeing this big of a spread until today.

Any other Threaddrippers seeing this kind of spread?

Cheers!

15 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

Dunno if it's just warming up on one side before it hits the other core causing the issue. Or maybe your paste in that area is lacking, did you spread it to the full IHS? Probably good practice with threadripper.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

8 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Dunno if it's just warming up on one side before it hits the other core causing the issue. Or maybe your paste in that area is lacking, did you spread it to the full IHS? Probably good practice with threadripper.

I don't think it's the warming up issue, this happens after a long uptime.  Like I leave it working at night and come back to see the temps as the MAX temps.

I spread Noctua NT-H1 when I installed the block and I've never seen the temps over 60.  It works well, just seeing this weird spread from node to node.

3 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

I don't think it's the warming up issue, this happens after a long uptime.  Like I leave it working at night and come back to see the temps as the MAX temps.

I spread Noctua NT-H1 when I installed the block and I've never seen the temps over 60.  It works well, just seeing this weird spread from node to node.

Is it under 100% load constantly? Or is only half of it really being used?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

21 hours ago, Streetguru said:

Is it under 100% load constantly? Or is only half of it really being used?

its under 85-90% load and I think you are on to something there...

Boinc assigns tasks per core, so if it is using an uneven number of cores per node that might be the issue.