Driver Intel UHD 620 For Windows 8.1.

hillandder

I have a computer with i3 7100, I know the Intel HD Graphics 630 driver is only officially supported for Windows 10, I hate this always-beta software, but find an alternative driver for Windows 8.1 that works fine, problem solved.

Now I buy a new laptop with i5 8250u thinking I will be able to do the same thing, trown away the terrible Windows 10 and install the awesome 8.1 with another alternative driver for the Intel UHD 620 but after days of frenetic search and desesperated tries and fails I install the Windows 10.

Please, someone in somewhere have a working driver for 8.1 for this thing? The performance between the 2 operational systems is abismal, in my desktop Windows 8.1 boot faster (only 5s) from a Toshiba HDD than the crap Windows 10 with a MX 500 Crucial SSD.

Have you tried installing the Windows 10 drivers on Windows 8?  You can use compatibility mode and if that doesn't work, then use Device Manager and manually install it from there. https://downloadmirror.intel.com/28289/a08/win64_25.20.100.6373.exe << this is the latest driver for the Intel UHD 620 iGPU.

If all else fails, you are going to have to just bite the bullet and deal with Windows 10, yes it can feel like Beta software at times, but you might just have to live with it until Microsoft fixes it. The latest version of Windows 10 is not going to kill you as much as the earlier versions. You can also use Linux if you are able to, I have been hearing that Manjaro is a good choice.

Edited by Husky
Fixed grammar issue and additional info

Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K | AMD Radeon R9 390X | 16 GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ | AMD Radeon Pro 560 | 16 GB RAM

1 minute ago, Husky said:

Have you tried installing the Windows 10 drivers on Windows 8. You can use compatibility mode and if that doesn't work, then use Device Manager and manually install it from there.

If all else fails, you are going to have to just bite the bullet and deal with Windows 10, yes it can feel like Beta software at times, but you might just have to live with it until Microsoft fixes it. You can also use Linux if you are able to, I have been hearing that Manjaro is a good choice.

Yes, I try the compatibility mode and manually install, Micro$oft and Intel want to push Windows 10 into us very hard this time.

I already use Linux in dual boot but not able to play HearthStone or Magic The Gathering Arena in Wine, what is a shame, if was able to play this games I never will look back for Windows 10 anymore.

3 minutes ago, hillandder said:

Yes, I try the compatibility mode and manually install, Micro$oft and Intel want to push Windows 10 into us very hard this time.

I already use Linux in dual boot but not able to play HearthStone or Magic The Gathering Arena in Wine, what is a shame, if was able to play this games I never will look back for Windows 10 anymore.

Well that sucks, you are going to have to use Windows 10 then.

Linux might become a possibility for you in the future, due to Steam and their development of software that will allow most Windows games to run on Linux with good performance. It is a little ways away from being finished though, so you'll have to use Windows 10 for now unfortunately.

Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K | AMD Radeon R9 390X | 16 GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ | AMD Radeon Pro 560 | 16 GB RAM