Need help with Ram

H0ax

Currently my ram is 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 659MHz (9-9-9-24) I was wondering if I can get any ddr3 ram? Am I able to get this https://www.amazon.com/Patriot-1866MHz-Desktop-Memory-Heatsink/dp/B00453R90W/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1541475491&sr=8-5&keywords=16+gb+ram+ddr3&dpID=41jyGN76KnL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch    or   https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10-Vengeance-Desktop-Memory/dp/B006EWUO22/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1541475491&sr=8-3&keywords=16+gb+ram+ddr3&dpID=51MXy7QSXuL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

What motherboard are you using? DDR3 memory should work on all boards, but some motherboards have a maximum speed and capacity that they can take. For example, my system uses 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, but it only performs at 3000MHz since that is my motherboards maximum. I believe this holds true to DDR3.

I have a really shit motherboard it is a Hewlett-Packard 304Bh (XU1 PROCESSOR)

You can see here the supported memory on the board. It seems that your board only accepts up to 1333MHz RAM. You will still be able to use the sticks you showed, but you would only have the speed of 1333MHz. I forgot to mention this too, but there is also a maximum speed for processors. Here is the list of supported memory speed for intel processors. Generally, most any DDR3 RAM will work in a DDR3 system. You will just have to decide if it's worth slightly overpaying for better DDR3 RAM than you need. Given that you're not using an intel processor from the 2000's, the "ideal" RAM for your system is up to 16gb at 1333MHz of DDR3. Personally I don't bother to mess around with RAM in the BIOS, so maybe there is a way to allow your motherboard to use more RAM, but if this does exist it may to be supported on your older mobo. When I was in your situation, I bought a whole new motherboard, processor, and memory, but obviously this isn't everyone's solution, and maybe 1333MHz is enough for you.

Good luck with your upgrade :) 

So I can either of those rams but I will only be able to use 1333Mhz?

Yes, but you might want to check that there is enough space between the cooler and the top of the RAM. Sometimes there is a size issue where the CPU fan will hit the heat spreader. I can't find a picture of the motherboard, so I can't tell immediately if it will be a problem. You could use the extra speed if you ever plan on upgrading your mobo & processor, but if you do that you might as well get DDR4 unless there is a good deal.

EDIT: You may want to have a second opinion on this. I always try to find at least two people if I come to the forums before I make an investment. I typically only deal with DDR4 and AMD systems, but I believe that they are the same for this.