Upgrading

nishe1

Hello,

Last year, with your help, I managed to put up the PC together and lately, I've been thinking about upgradnig.

My current specs are:
RYZEN 3 1200 (OCed to 3,8 Ghz) 

ASROCK AB350M-HDV
DDR4 ADATA 8 GB 2400MHZ XPG Z1 CL16 (OCed to 2666MHZ)

PALIT GTX 1050TI STORMX 4GB
HDD TOSHIBA 1TB
Case: MODECOM DEIMOS ATX MIDI USB 3.0
BE QUIET! PURE POWER 10 400W

I'm thinking about changing my GPU to GTX 1070Ti or GTX 1080. Maybe I'll buy used card, they're much cheaper. But then I'll probably need to change my CPU  so it won't bottleneck. And there's where I'd like some suggestions. I'm upgradning because of gaming, but also, I've been streaming recently. Speaking of games that I've been playing lately - Forza Horizon 3/4, Forza Motorsport 7. Resolution: 2560x1440. And I'd probably buy additional RAM, too. Also, I'd like to know if my PSU will have enough power to run the new setup.

Or maybe I should just sell it and buy another one. 

If you're going to get a 1070 or even a 1080 then your PC will suffer from bottleneck caused by the CPU. Instead of selling it, you could go with a newer Ryzen (1500-1600 or even 1700/1800) and then it'll work better with the GPU. Also you'll need a better PSU for that GPU/CPU. Additional ram you'll need for FH3/4 since both are using over 10gigs when on medium/high(PS: FH4 is better optimized than FH3)

|| CPU: Intel i5-8600K || Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X || Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3P || GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti OC Windforce 4GB || Memory: 16GB Crucial DDR4 3000mhz || HDD: WD Black 500GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || SSD: Samsung 980 1TB || PSU: Corsair VS550 || Case: nJoy Ice Cage || Fans: Segotep Halo Ring RGB ||Monitor: 2x Dell 27" P2717H IPS Full HD || Second Monitor/TV: LG 49UJ620V UHD || Mouse: Logitech G502 || Keyboard: Logitech G810 + Royal Kludge RK84 || Speakers: Philips SPA-5300 subw + Arylic 2.1 + DIY Bookshelves w/ Dayton Audio || Headphones: HyperX Cloud Flight S ||

TO BE UPGRADED:

>> Headphones << >> Keyboard << >> HDD << >> Mouse << >> PC Case << >> Memory(another stick) << >> Graphics Card << 

2 minutes ago, nishe1 said:

Hello,

Last year, with your help, I managed to put up the PC together and lately, I've been thinking about upgradnig.

My current specs are:
RYZEN 3 1200 (OCed to 3,8 Ghz) 

ASROCK AB350M-HDV
DDR4 ADATA 8 GB 2400MHZ XPG Z1 CL16 (OCed to 2666MHZ)

PALIT GTX 1050TI STORMX 4GB
HDD TOSHIBA 1TB
Case: MODECOM DEIMOS ATX MIDI USB 3.0
BE QUIET! PURE POWER 10 400W

I'm thinking about changing my GPU to GTX 1070Ti or GTX 1080. Maybe I'll buy used card, they're much cheaper. But then I'll probably need to change my PCU so it won't bottleneck. And there's where I'd like some suggestions. I'm upgradning because of gaming, but also, I've been streaming recently. Speaking of games that I've been playing lately - Forza Horizon 3/4, Forza Motorsport 7. Resolution: 2560x1440. And I'd probably buy additional RAM, too. Also, I'd like to know if my PSU will have enough power to run the new setup.

Or maybe I should just sell it and buy another one. 

The Ryzen Processor will bottleneck your system if you go for anything higher than a 1060. There is also a lot more to put in to have it be fast with a ssd, some more ram, and a higher power supply to make it seem reasonable next to a gtx 1080.

6 minutes ago, R3ep3r said:

(PS: FH4 is better optimized than FH3)

So I heard, but I could play on high settings in FH3 (with a lag from time to time), now I can't even play FH4 on very low. But at least it works better for Forza 7.

6 minutes ago, DustierDolphin said:

I would suggest a ryzen 5 (I would suggest the 2600) and getting a used GPU. I would keep the ram and see if it is a problem.

Do you think it's worth buying GTX 1080 or should I get 1070Ti?

16 hours ago, nishe1 said:

So I heard, but I could play on high settings in FH3 (with a lag from time to time), now I can't even play FH4 on very low. But at least it works better for Forza 7.

Believe me that with an i5-8600k and a 1050ti along with 8gigs of ram it gives me lots of lag spikes even on low settings making it unplayable whilst fh4 demo could easily go on high without any problems at all even in the most crowded places.

|| CPU: Intel i5-8600K || Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X || Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3P || GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti OC Windforce 4GB || Memory: 16GB Crucial DDR4 3000mhz || HDD: WD Black 500GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || SSD: Samsung 980 1TB || PSU: Corsair VS550 || Case: nJoy Ice Cage || Fans: Segotep Halo Ring RGB ||Monitor: 2x Dell 27" P2717H IPS Full HD || Second Monitor/TV: LG 49UJ620V UHD || Mouse: Logitech G502 || Keyboard: Logitech G810 + Royal Kludge RK84 || Speakers: Philips SPA-5300 subw + Arylic 2.1 + DIY Bookshelves w/ Dayton Audio || Headphones: HyperX Cloud Flight S ||

TO BE UPGRADED:

>> Headphones << >> Keyboard << >> HDD << >> Mouse << >> PC Case << >> Memory(another stick) << >> Graphics Card << 

17 hours ago, nishe1 said:

What's ur budget and ur country?

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W

3 hours ago, vexicus365 said:

What's ur budget and ur country?

Poland. I don't have a strict budget... Just wanted to upgrade so those games and streaming will work better. I considered buying just RAM first, but I haven't done it yet.  I'd like to spend about $530 for just CPU and GPU but maybe I could spend up to $700.

2 minutes ago, nishe1 said:

Poland. I don't have a strict budget... Just wanted to upgrade so those games and streaming will work better. I considered buying just RAM first, but I haven't done it yet.  I'd like to spend about $530 for just CPU and GPU but maybe I could spend up to $700.

And what are the websites that u r planning to buy from??

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

15 minutes ago, vexicus365 said:

And what are the websites that u r planning to buy from??

I thought about buying used GPU on the auction site like ebay (www.allegro.pl). And also a new CPU, there or anywhere I find the best deal.

7 minutes ago, nishe1 said:

I thought about buying used GPU on the auction site like ebay (www.allegro.pl). And also a new CPU, there or anywhere I find the best deal.

Purchase something like this....

https://allegro.pl/amd-ryzen-7-1700-16gb-gtx1060-6gb-1tb-240gb-w10-do-i7636319160.html

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X