Looking for a pre-built pc

1. Budget & Location

Roughly from $500-$700 USD, could go over but still want it to be reasonable.  

2. Aim

The goal of this pc is to use it for streaming. I want it to be a streaming pc strictly. I'm not going to be playing while streaming - I have my console for playing the games. So, I'll be playing the actual game from my console, using the elgato to stream to my pc with OBS open as well. 

3. Monitors

Just the 1 monitor. I also have a 2017 Macbook Pro that I could probably just use as a monitor, but nothing else. 

4. Peripherals

I would need everything. Maybe not a mouse or a keyboard. 

5. Why are you upgrading?

I'm upgrading because my elgato is having a tough time with my Macbook Pro. Even though it says on their website they're compatible with Macs, they don't actually detect the elgato as a capture device. Plus I could tell that if I stuck with my Macbook, it would get super hot and most likely lag. 

Also, here are the spec requirements for the Elgato HD60s:

GPU: Intel HD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 600 or better

CPU: Intel i5-4xxx quad core or better

I was looking at this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B6H4GNY/?coliid=I37BLYGUYZIN77&colid=2KZB55966ICFQ&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

or this: 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0722GKVTK/?coliid=I2O59POJUQC0SL&colid=2KZB55966ICFQ&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it 

Any advice is helpful! I am completely new to this pc world because I've only ever played on console. 

Thanks!

The first one, with the core i5 and the RX 580, is the better value. Of course, if you buy the parts and build it yourself you'll save some cash. The worst part is, the PC doesn't even have an SSD, which will make it feel sluggish.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

The first one, with the core i5 and the RX 580, is the better value. Of course, if you buy the parts and build it yourself you'll save some cash. The worst part is, the PC doesn't even have an SSD, which will make it feel sluggish.

How sluggish are you thinking? 

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

Speaking for the pcmasterrace here: BUILD IT YOURSELF MAN

Sorry, isn't this in the Laptops and Pre-built systems thread??? 

Just now, jschlenz said:

Sorry, isn't this in the Laptops and Pre-built systems thread??? 

yeah, sorry. couldn't resist the oppertunity.

I would get the first one and a ssd.

OR BUILD IT YOURSELF MAN

3 minutes ago, jschlenz said:

How sluggish are you thinking? 

Hard to measure since it just affects overall usability. Booting into windows will be slow ish, opening programs will take that much longer, etc. Also, I'm questioning what the elgato needs to run best, since I'm not sure if it relies on GPU power or CPU power. You don't need a whole gaming computer for a streaming PC. Do you know what streaming performance scales with when you use the capture device?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

Hard to measure since it just affects overall usability. Booting into windows will be slow ish, opening programs will take that much longer, etc. Also, I'm questioning what the elgato needs to run best, since I'm not sure if it relies on GPU power or CPU power. You don't need a whole gaming computer for a streaming PC. Do you know what streaming performance scales with when you use the capture device?

I don't unfortunately. I'm really new to the whole pc thing since I've been on console my whole life. If you have any recommendations you think I should look at, I'm all ears! 

4 minutes ago, jschlenz said:

I don't unfortunately. I'm really new to the whole pc thing since I've been on console my whole life. If you have any recommendations you think I should look at, I'm all ears! 

Something like this should be closer to what you need. 6 core CPU for good stream quality, and it has its own video signal so no graphics card needed. An SSD to put crucial programs on, and since you won't be downloading a game library onto it, the hard drive could be ditched entirely if you like. The case is also up to you, if you see something more eye catching. Same amount of ram, and still dual channel. Hopefully something like this works for you.

Primary PC:

12 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Something like this should be closer to what you need. 6 core CPU for good stream quality, and it has its own video signal so no graphics card needed. An SSD to put crucial programs on, and since you won't be downloading a game library onto it, the hard drive could be ditched entirely if you like. The case is also up to you, if you see something more eye catching. Same amount of ram, and still dual channel. Hopefully something like this works for you.

Ok for sure. I appreciate the help. I would still have to build it though if I use those parts specifically, huh? (I know, I'm a shame to the pc community...hate on me all you want lol)

2 minutes ago, jschlenz said:

Ok for sure. I appreciate the help. I would still have to build it though if I use those parts specifically, huh? (I know, I'm a shame to the pc community...hate on me all you want lol)

Building's not that hard, just don't take advice from The Verge.

Primary PC:

8 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Ok for sure. Again, I appreciate your help, unlike the others on here who are trolling because they feel they need to. 

38 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

One last question fasauceome, what about this one? https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/desktops-and-all-in-ones/legion-desktops/legion-y-series-desktops/Legion-Y520-Desktop/p/99LE9Y50275 The Y520T with NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti Graphics has an SSD as well. Good deal? Currently on sale from $1,049 to $799...

40 minutes ago, jschlenz said:

One last question fasauceome, what about this one? https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/desktops-and-all-in-ones/legion-desktops/legion-y-series-desktops/Legion-Y520-Desktop/p/99LE9Y50275 The Y520T with NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti Graphics has an SSD as well. Good deal? Currently on sale from $1,049 to $799...

The base model is basically the same thing as the Cyberpower you linked earlier, give or take. Again, it's a great gaming PC but you're not looking for that, you just need some CPU cores for a streaming box.

Primary PC:

5 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

The base model is basically the same thing as the Cyberpower you linked earlier, give or take. Again, it's a great gaming PC but you're not looking for that, you just need some CPU cores for a streaming box.

Ok, if I wanted to just play a game, let's just say Fortnite, and not stream the Cyberpower or the one I just linked would suffice? 

2 minutes ago, jschlenz said:

Ok, if I wanted to just play a game, let's just say Fortnite, and not stream the Cyberpower or the one I just linked would suffice? 

Play a game on the PC and not your console? Yeah those would be fine.

Primary PC:

Have you considered the new Mac mini?

I know you can discuss pre-build here, but pre-build PC often have terrible value, the builder makes a shit ton of money, that is why people keep mentioning build it yourself.