Project: Red Kraken

So this is a project that will require saving up (a bit) and some income tax ;)

Here is the list of what I currently run, and what I want done.

Before:

Processor: Intel i5 4430 @3ghz

Graphics: EVGA GTX 660Ti SC Edition 2GB

RAM: 20GB OEM

Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65

PSU: Dynex 520W

Fans: (2) NZXT 140MM fans and (2) Corsair AF140L

Case: Corsair Carbide Series Air 540

Hard Drive: 2TB

After:

Processor: Intel i7 4770K

Graphics: Hopefully SLI Maxwell? If not, SLI 700 Series. Not sure what I want. Help?

RAM: Corsair Dominator

Motherboard: Same

PSU: Not sure, but definitely to support SLI/CFX. Help?

Fans: Noctua or possibly SP and AF series Corsair fans that are Red ringed.

Case: Same

Hard Drive: Maybe SSD or mSATA SSD. The mSATA is pretty neat and interesting. Thoughts?

To complete: Red NZXT Kraken G10 brackets (2) and (2) NZXT Kraken X40's. Maybe different cooler if case can't hold it. Of course, we need some lighting. Thanks to BitFenix, the LED strips will come in handy ;)

OK. Now the pictures! Mainly installation of my NZXT Kraken X60 but it is a start.

Before:

DRRSPArl.jpg

AFTER!:

t5CZgPtl.jpg

42BakmWl.jpg

R4m4jq4l.jpg

V2hWhNDl.jpg

aMCTEy8l.jpg

VnnRrd2l.jpg

JpATVHol.jpg

kQoT5nDl.jpg

7fdrrrgl.jpg

3pL3i9il.jpg

<Updates will be put here>

More to come after next check or so. So stay tuned. This WILL look nice. No matter what! :D

If ANYONE has any recommendations and or ideas, shout it out! This is a red/black build. Keep that in mind please.

*Insert Name* R̶y̶z̶e̶n̶ Intel Build!  https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/748542-insert-name-r̶y̶z̶e̶n̶-intel-build/

Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte White Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS Z270X Gaming 5 CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K GPU: ASUS STRIX OC GTX 1080 RAM: Corsair Ballistix Sport LT 2400mhz Cooler: Enermax ETS-T40F-BK PSU: Corsair CX750M SSD: PNY CS1311 120GB HDD: Seagate Momentum 2.5" 7200RPM 500GB

edit:Original post was a mistake um ok well first of with the X60 it looks a lot nicer but I would of personally waited till I had the new CPU 

If ANYONE has any recommendations and or ideas, shout it out! This is a red/black build. Keep that in mind please.

Sleeving in either red or black, or both. PSU stock cables are hideous on most parts.

Also, LIGHTSSSSSS ERVREEWHEEEEERRR

MAXIMUS VII HERO | i7 4770K w/ H100i | 2x8GB 1600MHz | GALAX GTX 970 x2
250GB SSD boot | 250GB x2, 1TB SSD storage | Corsair 400C | Corsair RM550

Got the same motherboard as you. Awesome choice on case. I suggest going with a GTX 780 if you want a modest upgrade thats noticeable. Also, if you plan on SLI configuration, I suggest a 750Watt power supply. Currently I have the Corsair RM power supply and its a beast of a power supply.

Here's my response to the build.

post-45695-0-90019100-1389069659.gif

Get a new psi ASAP ur going to ruin ur components with a peice of crap company like dynex (rage over)

But really new psu

Overall nice build

Actually, I had a GS700 by Corsair and it broke after/before 6 months. Regular usage just like the Dynex. The Dynex has lasted me 2 years. Hmmm... But no seriously, I'm never buying Corsair PSU's again. If a Dynex can last much longer, then I'm fine until I get around to it.

EDIT: But yes, I will definitely be getting a newer one. Probably an EVGA 1000W for future SLI.

*Insert Name* R̶y̶z̶e̶n̶ Intel Build!  https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/748542-insert-name-r̶y̶z̶e̶n̶-intel-build/

Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte White Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS Z270X Gaming 5 CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K GPU: ASUS STRIX OC GTX 1080 RAM: Corsair Ballistix Sport LT 2400mhz Cooler: Enermax ETS-T40F-BK PSU: Corsair CX750M SSD: PNY CS1311 120GB HDD: Seagate Momentum 2.5" 7200RPM 500GB

Actually, I had a GS700 by Corsair and it broke after/before 6 months. Regular usage just like the Dynex. The Dynex has lasted me 2 years. Hmmm... But no seriously, I'm never buying Corsair PSU's again. If a Dynex can last much longer, then I'm fine until I get around to it.

we'll I'm sure u got a bad one but have fun based on that response I don't think you've read what I cheap psu can do to your system someone please link him I'm on mobile but seriously I just watching out for you ur desision fully but I have to in my good nature warn you of the risks tacked on

we'll I'm sure u got a bad one but have fun based on that response I don't think you've read what I cheap psu can do to your system someone please link him I'm on mobile but seriously I just watching out for you ur desision fully but I have to in my good nature warn you of the risks tacked on

+1 on this. You don't have to get a Corsair psu. Seasonic makes very quality psus. In fact, a lot of major psu makers get their psus with Seasonic internals :P. That's how good they are. Looking forward to see where this build goes :D

Life.exe is missing

Thank you! I need assistance though. I will go with Seasonic. I hear they are the best, so why not go with the best? Don't worry Sperkowsky, I am rushed to buy a new PSU it just costs money haha. I hear you out though and don't worry man I am looking for a better one! But I need help looking for a 120mm liquid cooler so that I can mount them in front possibly sideways so that I can do two in the front for video cards. Currently, the 280mm NZXT Kraken X60 was moved to the front since I couldn't do push/pull on top without it looking ugly. The blue led Antec fans are back up top and actually giving quite a nice shine! Goes rather well with the red logo for now. But I need to find a 120mm liquid cooler that isn't cheap nor loud like the Kraken. Thin radiator hopefully but isn't a requirement. Just needs to be 120mm and reputable. Thanks guys!

UPDATE!

So I changed the position of the radiator so that air was being brought in through the front, into the radiator, and out into the case where the back fan and two 120mm LED Antec fans would pull the warm air out. Working pretty swell and still the same great temperatures!

Also, I still need help on fan decision, if AF or SP. If both, suggest where to place on case and radiator itself. Also need help finding TWO 120mm radiators so I can mount them sideways on the mounting points. This is just so I can mount two of them in the same area. Any other suggestions are greatly welcomed with two thumbs up. Thanks guys! :D

YtvoCQyl.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hey guys! Sorry it has been a while. Had to wait for my taxes to return. But I am back with a new upgrade! An Intel Core i5 4670K which has a successful overclock to 4.2ghz and still around 30*C on idle, 58*C at its hottest. Also, parents were kind enough to buy me a little something since their taxes arrived at the same time. Hopefully this will support a future SLI? :o

Any who... The NEX 750G was only $99.99 at MicroCenter and the 4670K was only $179.99 so it was a fantastic deal. I also put the cooler back onto the top so it pulls air through and I don't have those stupid blue Antec fans :P

P.S. Thinking about LEDS strips. Should I go with white just to show it all off? I plan on doing watercooling after I get all my parts together so having clear tubing with color and white leds supposedly help bring out the color correct?

A2hl8R9.jpg

f8QueOq.jpg

sav1GSB.jpg

5Fnd7Pn.jpg

k8pVZ7d.jpg

Beg0YjY.jpg

Thank you! I need assistance though. I will go with Seasonic. I hear they are the best, so why not go with the best? Don't worry Sperkowsky, I am rushed to buy a new PSU it just costs money haha. I hear you out though and don't worry man I am looking for a better one! But I need help looking for a 120mm liquid cooler so that I can mount them in front possibly sideways so that I can do two in the front for video cards. Currently, the 280mm NZXT Kraken X60 was moved to the front since I couldn't do push/pull on top without it looking ugly. The blue led Antec fans are back up top and actually giving quite a nice shine! Goes rather well with the red logo for now. But I need to find a 120mm liquid cooler that isn't cheap nor loud like the Kraken. Thin radiator hopefully but isn't a requirement. Just needs to be 120mm and reputable. Thanks guys!

Seasonic manufactures/d some of Corsair's PSUs.

I like your upgrades. The Kraken really made it a lot nicer.

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless

Man that looks clean on the inside. I like it. :)

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

Can someone recommend what color of led's look best inside a case? I will be doing watercooling once my computer is complete so please keep that in mind of clear tubing with colored coolant. 

Also, thank you guys! I was nervous on how much people would like it but it seems that people really enjoy it! Thank you so much!!!

P.S. The Kraken G10 and the liquid cooler will probably be ordered after I get a new video card. Which card? That is a surprise!

• 2 months later...

So a lot has happened lately with this project. I stopped for a while because I got a new job at my local Micro Center in Sharonville, Ohio! So come up and see me the name is Brian! :D Anyways, my 2TB HDD failed and so I had to buy a new OS and HDD. I bought the Samsung 840 EVO 250GB and Windows 7 because I couldn't take Windows 8.1 seriously anymore. I just couldn't... 

So then, I got a new case called the NZXT H440. I supports my setup PERFECTLY! Had to remove HDD bays to support my loop but that's no biggy since I don't have much storage taken up. I will not be getting the Kraken G10 as it DOES NOT COOL THE VRAM! So screw that joke xD. I will, instead, look into watercooling since 1, I get discounts, and 2, we have plenty of Bitspower compression fittings, res, etc. Not to mention I will be buying Corsair Vengeance Pro Red/Black RAM soon. 

EDIT: I also added a simple, white led strip that runs off of molex. Was a b*tch to plug molex in.

On to the new 3 pictures!

7VVmLEr.jpg

XZP34UH.jpg

xyPZRVv.jpg

Hope you guys enjoyed as (hopefully) there will be more with the new Intel CPU's coming out along with the GTX 800's!

naked ram is a no no :P

welcome to the club.

H440 masterrace heh

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

• 1 month later...

I recently just graduated high school (2014 baby!) so money started flying at me like I was a stripper or something. So I was given plenty enough to buy a brand new card....*drum roll*....A PNY GTX 780 OC! WOOT! So here are some pictures to enlighten the topic!

Tnr2I8b.jpg

D0840NL.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So things have changed again and again and I can't just stick with the actual AFTER haha. Oh well... things change. But so far, I will review over what I have so far and what I really want now.

AFTER:

Intel Core i5 4670K @4.2ghz

Naked HP ram... 16gb... (I want Corsair Vengeance Pros in Red)

MSI GTX 780 TwinFrozr IV

MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming Motherboard

EVGA NEX750G

Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Corsair 750D 

NZXT Kraken X60 (still going strong and awesome!)

White LED strip from Micro Center

I need to buy the damn Corsair SP120 and 140...

Now, for what I want, since I work at Micro Center now, we sell a huge variety in watercooling parts to get me started. We have Bitspower fittings along with compression fittings. Alphacool tubing which is awesome! Not sure if I want Acrylic or Soft tubing, let me know what I should do as a first timer. The XSPC 360 Rads. Bitspower 250ml Res. And maybe a pump if they have a good one. I live in Cincinnati so if someone wants to look on the Micro Center site and see if my store carries a certain one that I should get, that would be a huge help! 

Now on to two pictures of the new card that will stay in this beast until the GTX 880's with non-reference coolers come out!

MaZTVL5.jpg

S4rstEc.jpg

Ok so I FINALLY got new RAM! Give it up... for Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB 2133mhz RAM! Pictures and all! Next to come?

WHAT WILL COME NEXT? Well let's just say that I am saving up a lot of money starting now for some... TUBING... hmmm

KJjcX0d.jpg

MO8xsem.jpg

cY5tOfp.jpg

oU2dn2S.jpg