Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Compatible RAM Alienware Aurora R7

boey
 Share

Hi, I have an Alienware Aurora R7 that has 1x8GB of 2666Mhz DDR4. I want to upgrade to 2xGB, with 3000Mhz or more if possible(planning to changing to ryzen soon). What RAM can I use(preferably with heat spreader)? Is G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200Mhz going to work?

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

it's really hard to say with oem pc's, it could, it couldn't. know that ram will always run with the lowest speed stick. and there are some other options, but tridentz is great!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

it's really hard to say with oem pc's, it could, it couldn't. know that ram will always run with the lowest speed stick. and there are some other options, but tridentz is great!

Hmm, ok. Some guy on the dell forums said that G.Skill RAM was ‘High density, Low reliability Cheap RAM and is not likely to work at all’

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, _d0nut said:

Hmm, ok. Some guy on the dell forums said that G.Skill RAM was ‘High density, Low reliability Cheap RAM and is not likely to work at all’

well, I know trident z is really good. I have bought it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

well, I know trident z is really good. I have bought it.

Yeah I’ve used it in my friend’s build and it didn’t have any problems

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, _d0nut said:

Yeah I’ve used it in my friend’s build and it didn’t have any problems

 

there will be someone had that one in a number sticks that's the failure rate of that stick. cheaper sticks will fail more frequently. and trident z isn't that cheap

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

there will be someone had that one in a number sticks that's the failure rate of that stick. cheaper sticks will fail more frequently. and trident z isn't that cheap

Hopefully this kit works, because I still have warranty on the PC and apparently it’s not voided unless I break the original parts whilst installing new parts. If it doesn’t I’m looking at Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 3200Mhz 2x8GB as apparently Kingston HyperX RAM works well with the Alienware OEM Z370 Board, and it looks nice so I can use this and the tridentz which i already bought in a new build.

 

Anyway, thanks a lot for the help! Really appreciate it :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, _d0nut said:

Hopefully this kit works, because I still have warranty on the PC and apparently it’s not voided unless I break the original parts whilst installing new parts. If it doesn’t I’m looking at Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 3200Mhz 2x8GB as apparently Kingston HyperX RAM works well with the Alienware OEM Z370 Board, and it looks nice so I can use this and the tridentz which i already bought in a new build.

 

Anyway, thanks a lot for the help! Really appreciate it :)

And you also still have nighthawk and vengence rgb pro if those doesn't work

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

And you also still have nighthawk and vengence rgb pro if those doesn't work

Honestly the nighthawk ram looks really ugly

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×