Hardware reserved ram.

Basically, me and my friend decided to swap ram because we both have 8gb ddr4 except his is dual channel mine wasn't and I have a Ryzen 5 1600 which gains lots of performance with dual channel ram. So we swapped and ever since, 4.1gb of my 8gb has been hardware reserved. I've done everything: reseated them, checked that they work by themselves (they do), unchecked maximum memory and number of processors in msconfig, enabled clear page filing at shutdown in regedit, tried to look around for the pci-e thing in bios so it's set to my gtx 1060. Nothing has worked. Still have the same problem. I've even updated my bios to the latest bios a few weeks ago so it's not bios.

Any suggestions?

what are your specs? 

if you have an intel cpu set the bios to disable the integrated graphics. i'm assuming you don't use the integrated gpu becuase you have a gtx 1060... 

She/Her

1 minute ago, firelighter487 said:

what are your specs? 

if you have an intel cpu set the bios to disable the integrated graphics. i'm assuming you don't use the integrated gpu becuase you have a gtx 1060... 

Ryzen 5 1600

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

maybe a stupid one, but you have the x86-64 bit version of windows?

How do I check? Btw this wasn't happening with my single stick of 8gb

Just now, Remikp04 said:

in the information section of the settings. but if it works with your single stick, it's kinda weird. but both sticks are detected, right?

Just now, Remikp04 said:

go to settings, system, info; there it sould say x64 operating system (or something, can't quote exactly, my Windows is in dutch)

She/Her

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

in the information section of the settings. but if it works with your single stick, it's kinda weird. but both sticks are detected, right?

Yeah, both detected in bios and windows. And I'll check now.

go to settings, system, info; there it sould say x64 operating system (or something, can't quote exactly, my Windows is in dutch)

Yeah it says 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

the only thing I can think of right now is that in the settings of your graphics card system memory is reserved by it. take a look into that

look in the manual for your motherboard, does it say anything about the ram needing to be in specific slots with a dual-channel configuration?

She/Her

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

the only thing I can think of right now is that in the settings of your graphics card system memory is reserved by it. take a look into that

How would I do that? I'm not the best with really technical stuff.

look in the manual for your motherboard, does it say anything about the ram needing to be in specific slots with a dual-channel configuration?

Yeah, dimm a2 and b2 and those are the slots I used, won't even boot if I try anything else.

get into the device manager, on the catagory display outputs your 1060 should be there. somewhere in those settings it should be there, but i'm using my pc upstairs, and that one uses hd graphics. it might also be in the nvidia settings if it's not in the device manager. but that's for someone that has a deticated nvidia graphics card probebly better to tell you.

3 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

get into the device manager, on the catagory display outputs your 1060 should be there. somewhere in those settings it should be there, but i'm using my pc upstairs, and that one uses hd graphics. it might also be in the nvidia settings if it's not in the device manager. but that's for someone that has a deticated nvidia graphics card probebly better to tell you.

I found my gpu in the device manager but no mention of system memory anywhere. I'll go into my nvidia control panel and try to see but not sure if i'll have any luck.

2 hours ago, Remikp04 said:

just found out, gpu is using 2gb of my ram. still 2gb missing though, and either way, how do I get it back.

two gigs of reserved ram? that's not that much tho

No need to do all things in this exact order :)
1) Check pins on CPU
2) Check if you are plugging memory to correct slots (with MB manual)
3) Use default settings (NO XMP) for memory, and see if that changes anything (ie. 2133/2400MHz)
4) Ryzen 5 1600 doesn't have a iGPU that "eats memory up".
5) Do you use latest Windows 10 Home/Pro version ?
6) How much memory UEFI detects on POST screen ?
7) What MB you got, and what exact model number your memory has ?

CPU : Core i7 6950X @ 4.26 GHz + Hydronaut + TRVX + 2x Delta 38mm PWM
MB : Gigabyte X99 SOC (BIOS F23c)
RAM : 4x Patriot Viper Steel 4000MHz CL16 @ 3042MHz CL12.12.12.24 CR2T @1.48V.
GPU : Titan Xp Collector's Edition (Empire)
M.2/HDD : Samsung SM961 256GB (NVMe/OS) + + 3x HGST Ultrastar 7K6000 6TB
DAC : Motu M4 + Audio Technica ATH-A900Z
PSU: Seasonic X-760 || CASE : Fractal Meshify 2 XL || OS : Win 10 Pro x64