BSODs with different errors on 2700X/X470. Hardware or Software?

cmdOptEscape

Hello.

So a couple of weeks ago I got myself a new computer. The specs are:

I added in my GTX 1080, Sound Blaster ZX, my Broadcom Bluetooth/WiFi adapter and my Cooler Master 600w PSU.

So everything seemed ok to begin with. I bought the new PC as i wanted a better gaming and streaming PC than my aging 3770k system could handle.  As part of my streaming software setup, I am using VB-Audio Cable, Voicemeeter and VAC Virtual Audio Cable. Everything seemed ok but then after a 3 day break from the PC, I came back to it today and it has started BSODing. 

The errors are varying but include 

• SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED
  • SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION
  • CACHE MANAGER
  • MEMORY MANAGEMENT
  • KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE

All of the failures I believe we're ntoskrnl failures but some had additional files referenced (not all though) and these were win32kfull.sys and vrtaucbl.sys

I got the BSOD referencing vrtaucbl.sys early on so I was immediately suspicious of Virtual Audio Cable, but even after updating it and uninstalling it the BSODs still seem to happen.

The MEMORY MANAGEMENT BSOD also got me worried thinking the memory was faulty. But when I also checked the QVL for my motherboard, it seems I have made a mistake in buying a kit that is literally one letter off. I have bought CMK32GX4M2B3200C16 and the memory that I should have bought is CMK32GX4M2D3200C16.  I think they're basically the same just with different timings but I'm not sure whether that could be the cause of my problems?

So I have left my PC running memtest86. I have removed one of the sticks as per noted recommendations and set it to 10 passes but I imagine it is going to take an age to do two sticks of 16gb.  I did actually do a test with Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool which appeared to do 2 passes and did not report any faults.

Just another fyi about the memory, I used Typhoon to get custom memory timings as XMP will not run the memory at 3200mhz. I have disabled them settings for memtest86 and am running optimized defaults.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what could be causing these bsods? My overall thoughts are it's a driver issue, but maybe those on here with better knowledge could shed any light.

Thanks for reading