Strange computer issues...

Brandon_TSGZ

So recently, my computer has been acting odd. A couple of weeks ago, stretching back as far as about 4 months ago, the computer would regularly get blue screens and would shut down before I could see any error codes. However, recently, there has been no more blue screens. Instead, the computer freezes - then both the monitor and speakers stop outputting. They're clearly still on, displaying no signal and the speakers still have the lights on, but they just don't work. The keyboard and mouse also stay active, however I can't tell if they're working because the screens are off. The computer itself also stays on - however, it is useless without any screens or audio. A simple fix is to restart it, but it's still an annoying issue. If anyone knows any solutions, please let me know. As you can probably tell, i'm not the most tech savvy person so I definitely need some help with this. Thanks!

Oh also, here are some specs: 

Intel Core i7-4820K CPU 3.70GHz

16.0GB RAM

x64 system

Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 graphics card

When this happens, have you tried unplugging and plugging in the display cable?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

When this happens, have you tried unplugging and plugging in the display cable?

I'll give it a try next time it happens. I use two monitors and both of them go off when this happens, so...

Just now, Brandon_TSGZ said:

I'll give it a try next time it happens. I use two monitors and both of them go off when this happens, so...

What's the longest amount of time you've waited for the screens to come back on without restarting?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, fasauceome said:

What's the longest amount of time you've waited for the screens to come back on without restarting?

A couple of minutes. Sometimes when my drivers have updated in the past, the screens go off so I thought it was that, so I waited a little while then realised it wasn't that at all

1 minute ago, Brandon_TSGZ said:

A couple of minutes. Sometimes when my drivers have updated in the past, the screens go off so I thought it was that, so I waited a little while then realised it wasn't that at all

Have you updated since this started happening, or tested your PC with a loaner graphics card?

Primary PC:

Try reseatting your GPU and RAM, and making sure all your power cables are plugged in fully. 

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

16 minutes ago, Cereal5 said:

Try reseatting your GPU and RAM, and making sure all your power cables are plugged in fully. 

I'll have a look into that and come back once it's done, thanks.

40 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Have you updated since this started happening, or tested your PC with a loaner graphics card?

If anything I think it'll be the graphics card, it is rather old...

38 minutes ago, Brandon_TSGZ said:

If anything I think it'll be the graphics card, it is rather old...

Well if it is, it doesn't seem like you're using it for much gaming since you've got a high powered CPU and low tier GPU, so at least replacing it won't be a bad hit to the wallet. Have you stress tested it to verify?

Primary PC: