Please Help w/ Connections!

Broth3rz
Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,

In the future, it'd probably be better to type the model names out instead of just 'this'. Links can be broken with time and it's inconvenient for anyone trying to read on mobile. 

2, 3, and 4pin fans are backwards compatible.

blog_how-to-build-a-pc-selecting-case-fa

The sata power plug and 4pin connectors are for lighting accessories.

https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812987031

The case has no reset button. Neither the case nor motherboard comes with an included speaker. 

Moved to New Builds and Planning.

I have this motherboard. Manual.

I have this case. Manual (can't find a Tempered Glass manual version).

Motherboard image.

On the motherboard I have no 3 pin anything for these two 3-pin fans.

I also have this male SATA plug and two 4-pin cords that I don't even know what it goes to. They go up to where my power button is but I'm not sure what they do as the power button is the only thing up there?

My reset button was turned into a RGB button or something as I read in the comments and I have no Reset SW, so not too worried but we will see what the button does.

Also, I didn't get a 4-pin speaker... I thought each motherboard has one??

So I need to find what where the two 2-pin fans plug into on my board since I have no 3-pin connections on it, and where those two 4-pin cord that goes up to the power button, along with the SATA cord, which does what? I know there are addons for power hub or something? I just don't know what to do with these 5 cords, or if I have to do anything with the 3 at least? I gotta do the fans somehow.

I'm new to building so please help! Thanks!

You plug the 3-pin into the left 3-pins on a 4-pin fan header.

The sata plug is for power to the LEDs and the 4-pin headers are for RGB iirc

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

You plug the 3-pin into the left 3-pins on a 4-pin fan header.

The sata plug is for power to the LEDs and the 4-pin headers are for RGB iirc

So on my motherboard I have to use SYS_FAN 2 & 3? just the left side though, right?

I don't know of any LEDs on this case. ANd I have no other RGB anything so I guess I don't use the 4-pin cords? Where would I even plug those? I have no clue where to plug this SATA cord.

Just now, Broth3rz said:

So on my motherboard I have to use SYS_FAN 2 & 3? just the left side though, right?

I don't know of any LEDs on this case. ANd I have no other RGB anything so I guess I don't use the 4-pin cords? Where would I even plug those? I have no clue where to plug this SATA cord.

Yah, the fans are keyed so they'll slide in one only way and over the pins with the plastic bit sticking up.

Sata goes into sata power from the PSU.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

4 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Yah, the fans are keyed so they'll slide in one only way and over the pins with the plastic bit sticking up.

Sata goes into sata power from the PSU.

Alright. I will try the fans in a bit and I finally did find a PSU cord for the SATA. Now the other two 4-pin I guess I don't need them? Where would those even go?

I dont have anything RGB nor do I think this case has any RGB unless you add it on, which I didn't.

4 minutes ago, Broth3rz said:

Alright. I will try the fans in a bit and I finally did find a PSU cord for the SATA. Now the other two 4-pin I guess I don't need them? Where would those even go?

I dont have anything RGB nor do I think this case has any RGB unless you add it on, which I didn't.

Ah, just double checked the case, it's for optional RGB addons from Phanteks and RGB control

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

In the future, it'd probably be better to type the model names out instead of just 'this'. Links can be broken with time and it's inconvenient for anyone trying to read on mobile. 

2, 3, and 4pin fans are backwards compatible.

blog_how-to-build-a-pc-selecting-case-fa

The sata power plug and 4pin connectors are for lighting accessories.

https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812987031

The case has no reset button. Neither the case nor motherboard comes with an included speaker. 

Moved to New Builds and Planning.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

2 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Ah, just double checked the case, it's for optional RGB addons from Phanteks and RGB control

So I don't need the two 4-pin cords. Do I need this SATA cord since I have no RGB? If not, then I won't plug it in.

Just now, Broth3rz said:

So I don't need the two 4-pin cords. Do I need this SATA cord since I have no RGB? If not, then I won't plug it in.

Also, I thought all motherboards came with a speaker?

Correct, not need for the 4-pins and since no other RGB then I don't believe you need the SATA cable either.

The case should come with the speaker usually (I think) with all the random accessories but it might have just been missed with the board, I forget what includes it these days. You can pick one up if you really want one for like $1 off Amazon or something but not having it won't hurt.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

Correct, not need for the 4-pins and since no other RGB then I don't believe you need the SATA cable either.

The case should come with the speaker usually (I think) with all the random accessories but it might have just been missed with the board, I forget what includes it these days. You can pick one up if you really want one for like $1 off Amazon or something but not having it won't hurt.

I don't need it since I'm getting to boot. Nice to have though. I thank you both so much! Now I can finish this.

I have to say its very bad they don't have a Tempered Glass manual version and neither came with a speaker.