This is my first build, I am using an NZXT Kraken x52 for my water cooler on my Intel i7-8700k. I connected all the cables, and had the cable plugged into the CPU FAN connector on the motherboard as instructed in the  NZXT Kraken installation manual. Upon starting the computer I received on the startup screen a "CPU FAN ERROR" It didn't hinder me from using the computer but it said it on the screen that appeared upon startup towards the bottom. I double checked the manual and everything plugged in in accordance to where it needed to be. The Cooler seems to be working okay, the RGB logo works, all the fans spin, and if Im not mistaken I heard the sound of water begin to circulate as I first booted up the machine. I just wanted to insure that if I continued use of this PC it would not overheat or something. If I missed any required details please don't hesitate to let me know. Thank you.

Are you sure you're plugged into the correct header on your motherboard, and are using a 4 pin PWM fan?

9 minutes ago, Benjeh said:

Are you sure you're plugged into the correct header on your motherboard, and are using a 4 pin PWM fan?

Ah, I got it. It seems I mistook the CPU_OPT 4 pin connector for the CPU Fan 4 pin connector directly above it. Thanks for the reply!

30 minutes ago, SonnOfSwagg said:

Ah, I got it. It seems I mistook the CPU_OPT 4 pin connector for the CPU Fan 4 pin connector directly above it. Thanks for the reply!

Glad you got it, when they're bunched together its easy to confuse them.