stark fps drops on gaming laptop?

inolle

renderTimingPixel.png

Hey guys so like the title says I'm experiencing some fps drop when playing games on my laptop regardless of how demanding the game is. I have been monitoring fps while playing games and noticed a pause in gameplay, it turns out this is a stark fps drop from whatever the game was playing at (usually pretty high) down to like 45-50fps which creates a lag like feeling (frametime variance?) the laptop I have is a powerspec 1710 which has a 7700 h q and a GTX 1070 these happen for reasons that appear random as far as I can tell and are always less than a second but its definitely an issue.

i dont think this is temp related cpu doesnt go aboce 75 and same for gpu.

I have used geforce experience to upgrade the videocard drivers, does not appear to have made a difference.

im considering reformatting but unsure if it will help and would like further input before i put the time in to redownload all of the updates

Any input on this would be great also should I bring the computer back to Microcenter I have a two year warranty from the on it?

comment

Desktop amd ryzen 1700x gtx 980 16gigs of ram

Laptop powerspec 1710  intel i7 7700hq, gtx 1070, 16 gigs of ram

Has it done this since you first got the laptop or is it a recent issue that has come up?

52 minutes ago, Kritic said:

Has it done this since you first got the laptop or is it a recent issue that has come up?

this has been a day 1 issue but i thought it was isolated to just to a few select games, upon recent testing my desktop struggles on at least one of these titles so im gonna assume poor optimization (its also a new game) my desktop has a 1700x with a 980 in it, but other games the desktop has no issue where the laptop has issues.

Desktop amd ryzen 1700x gtx 980 16gigs of ram

Laptop powerspec 1710  intel i7 7700hq, gtx 1070, 16 gigs of ram