UPS problem

ladraz
hello good day 
so this is my issue i have a APC pro 1300 UPS... and most times when electricity goes it cuts off and then go the battery power, making it pointless as a UPS... like there is a 1 second delay from when electricity goes b4 it decides to kick into battery mode shutting down my PC...the battery is fully charge and can last a long time..voltage in and out is great what could be the problem?

So, there's a delay between the power outage and the UPS kicking in?

Are you sure your mains power is going through the UPS as well? Because it should be the moment you have mains power cut off, the UPS recognizes it, then switches immediately.

Otherwise i'd say you have a dodgy unit.

yes the main power is running because u can see 110-120 volts in the display(in) and the same 110-120~ (out)... if power dips the UPS picks up the slack but if there is like a full black out it the output goes to like 33 volts for like ~1 sec then back to 115volts on battery power for over 15 mins with every thing running full blast on my computer, causing my PC to basically restart... if there is nothing can be done i might just buy a UPS for my UPS lol which needs to work just for 2 seconds 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/23/2018 at 5:09 PM, ladraz said:

yes the main power is running because u can see 110-120 volts in the display(in) and the same 110-120~ (out)... if power dips the UPS picks up the slack but if there is like a full black out it the output goes to like 33 volts for like ~1 sec then back to 115volts on battery power for over 15 mins with every thing running full blast on my computer, causing my PC to basically restart... if there is nothing can be done i might just buy a UPS for my UPS lol which needs to work just for 2 seconds 

If the unit is getting to be faulty and causing general problems like this one then there is a high chance that there is something wrong internally and you are left with the option of getting it sent to a repair center, making the repair yourself if you happen to know the information about electricity and have had experience with it (otherwise, it could be dangerous and I would not recommend it), replacing the unit, replacing the unit with a one which uses the same batteries although does not come with them which will most likely lower the cost over buying a new UPS, or this option which you have mentioned which is going to get another unit to initially supply power until this faulty one can kick in and supply power. Although, this may increase maintenance costs with having to replace more batteries when they wear out. Without using software, the other UPS which you add would drain its full battery capacity in powering the connected devices and then when that one cuts out it is going to cut out the power completely and then your other UPS would need some time (enough to cause the system to stop) before kicking in because it would be faulty. Maybe you could get that working with some modification to the software of hardware although I am not exactly sure on how you would be able to do that and I am not sure that software or instructions has been made for this instance and you may need to program a script yourself in order to get this to work. You may also need to go into hardware modification and that process can be quite challenging.

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch