HDD dead from unplugging?

Hey,

My brothers HDD stoped working, so we wanted to look if it works on my PC,  and plugged it into my PC, but first we unplugged every drive, then we plugged the drive into my PC, we started the PC, opend the bios and the drive didn't show up. I unplugged the drive and pluged my own drive in, but then it happend... my drive didn't (and still does) show up. We tried to use different sata cabels, different slots, even different powersupply but literally nothing happend. My drive never did a noise  after I unplugged it.  Is my drive dead?, can I do something maybe in the bios?

I am realy happy about help and any suggestion. 

greetings,

Niko

18 minutes ago, Cewinn said:

Is my drive dead?

Plug in power only to it, no SATA cable, place your hand on the drive, and turn on the PC. If you can't feel it vibrating (from spin up) then it's likely to be dead.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

I did it, no vibrations, :/ but how a drive can be dead from just unplugging and plugging in? 

1 hour ago, Cewinn said:

I did it, no vibrations, :/ but how a drive can be dead from just unplugging and plugging in? 

if it is truely dead then two things could cause it.

1, HDDs and SSDs themselves are not hot swappable and damage can be caused to the contents and rarely the drive can also become damaged.

2, Your brothers drive was dead electrically and the way it took out his sata cables, it also how it took out yours.

I know people do it all the time, but you shouldn't be plugging in defective hardware without thinking on your main machine. You could be spreading the damage like a virus.

Try another PSU.

It's not a race to the bottom.

13 hours ago, 0x1e said:

Try another PSU.

Did it, nothing happend. Is there any option to fix it myself?