Planning a new amd pc.

derrickd241

Planning on upgrading my rig to play doom and bf5 @1440p. I do plan on overclocking the r5 2600 as well. Any other suggestions are appreciated! :) prices are a bit ridiculous unfortunately. But what do I expect when i want to game in 1440 xD.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/knfq7W

11 minutes ago, derrickd241 said:

Planning on upgrading my rig to play doom and bf5 @1440p. I do plan on overclocking the r5 2600 as well. Any other suggestions are appreciated! :) prices are a bit ridiculous unfortunately. But what do I expect when i want to game in 1440 xD.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Dk8fkd

Honestly. That is a pretty good rig. However, I would recommend switching the vega 64 out to a 1080 as I just feel more confident with nvidia for my gpu(usually less issues). It also seems to be slightly faster for around the same price and you can use geforce experience which I personally enjoy. Really, it's just personal preference, but i would personally go with a 1080. If you have the money, I would move to maybe a 1080ti as you may have to lower a few settings to play 1440p on the 1080, but it should do fine.

Build:                                                                          

Intel Core I7 6700k (clocked to 4.6ghz)

Patriot Viper 3000mhz ddr4

ASUS maximus 8 hero (I hate this mobo)

Evga gtx 1080 superclocked

250GB Samsung 850 evo

2tb WD Black 7200rpm

Ek watercooling kit a240g with 360 expansion pack

Primochill Vue Red fluid

Corsair Graphite 600t (white)

You thought "Gee, Donald Trump sure has a great build!"

7 minutes ago, DarthSmartt said:

Honestly. That is a pretty good rig. However, I would recommend switching the vega 64 out to a 1080 as I just feel more confident with nvidia for my gpu(usually less issues). It also seems to be slightly faster for around the same price and you can use geforce experience which I personally enjoy. Really, it's just personal preference, but i would personally go with a 1080. If you have the money, I would move to maybe a 1080ti as you may have to lower a few settings to play 1440p on the 1080, but it should do fine.

The only reason i really want amd is for freesync. Since gsync monitors are crazy expensive.

16 minutes ago, derrickd241 said:

The only reason i really want amd is for freesync. Since gsync monitors are crazy expensive.

To be 100% honest I havn't found g-sync and free-sync worth paying extra for. It is kind of a gimmick, but if that is something you wanted, then I would go AMD. Usually with a 1080 or vega, your framerates stay in a range where it is smooth over 60 fps but not high enough to have screen tearing. There is other ways to deal with screen tearing. It's up to you. Free-sync might not be a bad investment since it is so cheap.

Build:                                                                          

Intel Core I7 6700k (clocked to 4.6ghz)

Patriot Viper 3000mhz ddr4

ASUS maximus 8 hero (I hate this mobo)

Evga gtx 1080 superclocked

250GB Samsung 850 evo

2tb WD Black 7200rpm

Ek watercooling kit a240g with 360 expansion pack

Primochill Vue Red fluid

Corsair Graphite 600t (white)

You thought "Gee, Donald Trump sure has a great build!"

1 hour ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

you picked a sata m.2 ssd, and the mobo only one slot, make sure you wont regret on future updates.

otherwise get a nvme for $15 more

Thanks for catching that. I switched it to an nvme m.2  for a boot drive. :)

1 hour ago, derrickd241 said:

Vega 56 is the better option for AMD gpu. Although the Vega 64 is more powerful, it runs hotter and generally throttles everywhere. Also, I updated the motherboard, which now includes 2 m.2 slots and switched the drive to SATA ssd. Cut the cost by about 50 USD

The cooler can be switched out for a Dark Rock 4 Pro or Dark Rock 4 or CRYORIG H5 Ultimate if you want

Ur SSD is cachelss, use EVO

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018