Weird monitor distortion

Hello, I need some help to figure out what is happening with my monitor. I have an AOC G2460V running at 1920x1080@75Hz and very recently (a week ago) my monitor has started getting these weird distortions when left unattended for random amounts of time (see attachments). This never happens while actively using my PC, but when I leave it I might come back to find my monitor like this, half of the image supposed to be on the right side actually on the left, and these weird distorted lines. I can't tell if there's anything specific causing it to happen other than not using the PC for a random amount of time. I have never seen it happen while just sitting by the computer, it always happens when I'm not in the room.

If I unplug the monitor, turn it off, or attempt to turn of the PC it just freezes; can't move my mouse cursor, PC won't shutdown unless forced. The other weird thing is that it only happens to my main monitor. I have 2 others that I use, but they work just fine even when this happens, even when the PC freezes after unplugging or turning off main mointor, there's still an image on the two others, it's just frozen. The image goes back to normal and the PC is useable again after it has been restarted, which has to be done by force.

I have not yet tried a different cable. I use a displayport for the monitor that's having issues, and I did once try to change it to HDMI on the main monitor in which I could actually use it again even after the image was distorted on displayport, but I don't have any additional imputs for HDMI so I wouldn't be able to use all three monitors with this solution (unless I buy a converter). I also haven't tried to leave it on HDMI to see if it would get distorted as well. I have tried changing the refresh rate from 75Hz to 60Hz, but this didn't help anything, and I have also tried disconnecting and reconnecting the DP cable, which just causes the PC to freeze most of the time. Also worth noting that when I unplug and replug the DP, even though the PC freezes, the monitor LED will light up green and it will say DP on screen, before the LED goes orange again and monitor goes dormant. This will continue happening if the monitor is left plugged in while the PC is frozen.

I hope there's anyone out there who might have the slightest idea what my problem could be. As said, this started happening just a week ago, around the time I got a Windows Update. Images attached show what the distorted image on the monitor looks like.

PC Specs are:

Intel i7-4790K Processor

ASUS STRIX GTX 970 Graphics Card

ASUS ROG VII Ranger Motherboard

HyperX Fury 16GB DDR3 RAM

EDIT: I have now tried a different displayport cable and that did not work, also this issue seems to only be happening when I leave my monitor on for an extended period of time, even if it's set to go into standby after 5 minutes of inactivity.

IMG_20181020_160148.jpg

IMG_20181020_160203.jpg

IMG_20181020_160214.jpg

Edited by Kiviri
more info, tried different cable, did not solve issue

I have exactly the same problem, I have no idea why it happens. It happens if I let the monitor go idle or if I turn it off, not always but occasionally. It happens that it returns to normal by itself after some time (as much as 10min) once turned off as far as I know. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with the monitor however considering I tested one of my tvs also with the same result. If I do turn it off once it has this glitch, it then says "No Signal" both my TV and AOC Monitor did this on every possible input on my PC. There seems to be a serious lack of help and info anywhere about this as far as I can tell, so any help is appreciated.

20181024_185251.jpg

20181024_185244.jpg