Help me choose between these 9 cooler's

Pekoms
Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,
4 minutes ago, Pekoms said:

Thermalright Macho 120 Rev.A (53$)

Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT (80$, it went off sale so this one is a bit over the budget)

Scythe Mugen 5 Rev.B (55$)

Scythe Ninja 5 (67$)

be quiet! Dark Rock 4 (75$)

ID-Cooling SE-207 (64$)

Cryorig H7 (47$)
Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi (74$)
Cryorig H7 Plus (59$)

Your RAM is 41mm (34mm without heatspreaders) tall. I've bolded coolers that will not have issues in that part. Ninja 5 has 55mm clearance under the fins, but fan needs to be raised. If you have space in case, no issues.Same with DR4, but with that you can also move fan to other side. Seems like same issue is going to be with ID-Cooling.

If you want to include these bigger coolers, and your case might have space, dimensions with fans are with fan so that top of fan is at same level with coolers top, or as low as possible. Check some images to verify. The amount you can raise fan is cases max clearance - coolers height.

The RAM is Patriot Viper 4 Series 16GB DDR4 3200MHz (PV416G320C6K)

I want to ask, if you don't see a cooler on the list you gave me, does that make it bad ? For example the ID-Cooling SE-207 is pretty new and looks amazing on paper, but because it's a Chinese Cooler you can never be safe, and reviews are scarce.

It doesn't. If you find any reviews or user experience for ID-Cooling, then you can get sense where their coolers would place. Main issue might be with fans.

I think Mugen 5 is best pick when you take all factors into consideration. Le Grand Macho would be better if it was 10-15€ cheaper.

System:

Asus B350-F Strix

Ryzen 5 1600 (that can do 4ghz all-core but runs ludicrously hot)

Deepcool Kendomen Ti

The options:

Thermalright Macho 120 Rev.A

Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT
Scythe Mugen 5 Rev.B (+1 Fan)
Scythe Ninja 5
be quiet! Dark Rock 4
ID-Cooling SE-207
Cryorig H7
Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi
Cryorig H7 Plus

I want the best overclocking performance, but please, don't recommend me other coolers. The list above is limited by case height, budget/pricing and availability in my country.

Thank you for your time and help.

H7 Quad Lumi and H7 Plus are same thing, Quad Lumi has RGB. You have two types of coolers there, 120mm towers and 140mm towers. With air coolers, bigger is better (usually). !20mm's are H7's, Macho 120, Ninja 5, Mugen 5 and ID-Cooling. Rest are 140mm. DR4 is arguably best overall. Its from premium manufacturer.

Whats your RAM? That can limit using some of those, like Ninja 5. Also, can you list prices for each (combination) so we can place them in order with price/performance. Relative performance is listed here:

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

50 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

H7 Quad Lumi and H7 Plus are same thing, Quad Lumi has RGB. You have two types of coolers there, 120mm towers and 140mm towers. With air coolers, bigger is better (usually). !20mm's are H7's, Macho 120, Ninja 5, Mugen 5 and ID-Cooling. Rest are 140mm. DR4 is arguably best overall. Its from premium manufacturer.

Whats your RAM? That can limit using some of those, like Ninja 5. Also, can you list prices for each (combination) so we can place them in order with price/performance. Relative performance is listed here:

Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT (80$, it went off sale so this one is a bit over the budget)

Scythe Ninja 5 (67$)

ID-Cooling SE-207 (64$)

Cryorig H7 (47$)
Cryorig H7 Plus (59$)

I want to ask, if you don't see a cooler on the list you gave me, does that make it bad ? For example the ID-Cooling SE-207 is pretty new and looks amazing on paper, but because it's a Chinese Cooler you can never be safe, and reviews are scarce.

Scythe Ninja 5 (67$)

ID-Cooling SE-207 (64$)

Cryorig H7 (47$)
Cryorig H7 Plus (59$)

Your RAM is 41mm (34mm without heatspreaders) tall. I've bolded coolers that will not have issues in that part. Ninja 5 has 55mm clearance under the fins, but fan needs to be raised. If you have space in case, no issues.Same with DR4, but with that you can also move fan to other side. Seems like same issue is going to be with ID-Cooling.

If you want to include these bigger coolers, and your case might have space, dimensions with fans are with fan so that top of fan is at same level with coolers top, or as low as possible. Check some images to verify. The amount you can raise fan is cases max clearance - coolers height.

It doesn't. If you find any reviews or user experience for ID-Cooling, then you can get sense where their coolers would place. Main issue might be with fans.

I think Mugen 5 is best pick when you take all factors into consideration. Le Grand Macho would be better if it was 10-15€ cheaper.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Thank you for your help. I might end up buying the Scythe Mugen 5 Rev. B, but I'm curious, you said the be quiet! Dark Rock 4 is from a premium manufacturer AND it can have its fans moved to the side. Wouldn't that make it a better option ?

56 minutes ago, Pekoms said:

Thank you for your help. I might end up buying the Scythe Mugen 5 Rev. B, but I'm curious, you said the be quiet! Dark Rock 4 is from a premium manufacturer AND it can have its fans moved to the side. Wouldn't that make it a better option ?

Scythe isn't bad manufacturer, they've just concentrated to non-US markets and midrange coolers lately. Same with Thermalright pretty much while their top end is about similar with Phanteks coolers.

DR4 isn't best overall, Le Grande Macho performs better. I'm not entirely sure how fan noises compare. But it has very good review history, and apparently mounting has been improved since version 3. Considering price difference, I would say get Le Grande Macho instead if you want to spend more. Le Grande Macho is up there with D15 (previous king of air coolers, current king is DRP4, big brother of DR4).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv