Minecraft laggy?

OnionRings

I dont normally play minecraft but I was feeling buildy and decided to boot it up and to my surprise its super choppy and laggy, I did all the things you should do like allot half your memory, run it with 64 bit java, not have render distance too high, but its still choppy. Not being a mine craft expert, is there something I'm doing wrong? Specs in sig.

Please Quote me when replying.
CPU
 - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | RAM - 32GB DDR4 4000Mhz | MB - MSI B550 A-PRO | Boot - 2TB NVME 980 Evo Plus | GPU - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3090 24GB

Depending on if you're playing modded or vanilla, and if you're using a resource pack, you'll want to allocate anywhere from 2GB to maybe 6GB of RAM. Vanilla shouldn't need more than 2-3GB even with a 512x resource pack. Large modpacks can eat up 4GB or so easily without a resource pack.

ake sure the max framerate slider is all the way to the right, and turn off VSync.

You could also try updating Java. It works fairly well for me on 1.8.0_181 (64-bit)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

2 minutes ago, TheKDub said:

Depending on if you're playing modded or vanilla, and if you're using a resource pack, you'll want to allocate anywhere from 2GB to maybe 6GB of RAM. Vanilla shouldn't need more than 2-3GB even with a 512x resource pack. Large modpacks can eat up 4GB or so easily without a resource pack.

ake sure the max framerate slider is all the way to the right, and turn off VSync.

Vsync makes it laggy? Might be my issue then. Should I just cap at 60 then with no vsync? (60hz panels)

CPU
 - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | RAM - 32GB DDR4 4000Mhz | MB - MSI B550 A-PRO | Boot - 2TB NVME 980 Evo Plus | GPU - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3090 24GB

Nope that causes tearing, even after capping frame rate. Gonna need vsync on. Also I have no mod packs.

CPU

Just now, OnionRings said:

Vsync makes it laggy? Might be my issue then. Should I just cap at 60 then with no vsync? (60hz panels)

VSync will just cap your FPS at 60 (assuming 60hz monitor).

1 minute ago, OnionRings said:

Nope that causes tearing, even after capping frame rate. Gonna need vsync on. Also I have no mod packs.

Strange. Could also be a graphics driver issue. No issues on 388.71 for me.

I run 1.13.1 at around 600-700FPS with stock settings without any tearing or anything.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

3 minutes ago, TheKDub said:

VSync will just cap your FPS at 60 (assuming 60hz monitor).

Strange. Could also be a graphics driver issue. No issues on 388.71 for me.

I run 1.13.1 at around 600-700FPS with stock settings without any tearing or anything.

Yea something is wrong for sure then I mean my rig is no pushover and I should be getting at least like 300 fps but im getting like 55. Ill check my drivers.

CPU

@TheKDub I did check my drivers and they are up to date but I still however get lag, I'm still around 55-58 fps. Im going to paste all my settings to try and help.

http://prntscr.com/l9y9k7

Field of view is only 90, I had it on quake pro and thought maybe it was causing the lag but nope, still laggy. I'm seriously dumbfounded by this, none of my other games run bad and out of all the game to run bad, why minecraft lmao? This is a game that should provide hundreds of FPS with vanilla textures and shit.

CPU