Help! My computer won't boot!

ZaKnight
Go to solution Solved by ZaKnight,

Hey guys! I just wanted to let you know that after some more testing I figured out that I simply had a fualty processer. I installed a brand new core i7 8700k and it booted immediately. Thanks so much for all your help guys! The information you gave me helped a lot to narrow down the problems much sooner! I'll definitely come to these forums again if I have any other tech issues, thanks again guys!

I'm building my own $1500 pc, I've installed every part correctly because they all light up. But the system won't post, it just pauses on the dram light. I have no idea what this could be and any help would be appreciated. 

My parts:

Rog strix Z370-F Gaming

Intel Core I7-8700k

16 GB of ddr4 TridentZ Ram from Gskill

Thermaltake toughpower grand rgb 650w

I also have a Thermaltake AIO and chassis. 

Here's a photo of the troubleshooting lights

IMG_20181019_153737434.jpg

IMG_20181019_153723454.jpg

Options you can try

Remove one of the memory stick and try booting. do it for both

Clearing the Cmos ( look in owner manual on how to do it )

Enter Bios and see the number of it and go to MB make to check if there and update.

Check if GPU and CPU are inserted correctly. Do the Same for memory

Can you Boot to Bios ?

Can you go through this list?

You should try booting with one stick of RAM to start - and connect your monitor to the motherboard instead of the GPU.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

1 minute ago, Imbellis said:

Can you go through this list?

You should try booting with one stick of RAM to start - and connect your monitor to the motherboard instead of the GPU.

Very nice list

6 hours ago, Zmax said:

Options you can try

Remove one of the memory stick and try booting. do it for both

Clearing the Cmos ( look in owner manual on how to do it )

Enter Bios and see the number of it and go to MB make to check if there and update.

Check if GPU and CPU are inserted correctly. Do the Same for memory

Can you Boot to Bios ?

So I just attempted all of the above and I still haven't had any luck, to answer your question, no I can't access the bios. It won't post because it's getting stuck on the ram. Also I do not have a graphics card as of yet but the I7 8700k has integrated graphics right? So I didn't think that was  going to be an issue. Thanks for the quick feedback and any more help you can provide!

• 1 month later...

Hey guys! I just wanted to let you know that after some more testing I figured out that I simply had a fualty processer. I installed a brand new core i7 8700k and it booted immediately. Thanks so much for all your help guys! The information you gave me helped a lot to narrow down the problems much sooner! I'll definitely come to these forums again if I have any other tech issues, thanks again guys!