Need Help finding a Keyboard!!!

Greenish

Hey LTT Community,

Now I know this task seems simple, but... I need help finding a keyboard. I have been doing research but there are just too many keyboards. So my current keyboard is the Razer Blackwidow X Chroma. I am deciding to switch because the one of the keycaps slightly cracked and its triggering my OCD. Not to mention that Razer refused to send me a new one after I offered to pay. I dont really care thet they wouldnt replace it, and I know that can buy new keycaps but I want a new keyboard. So my criteria is... I dont want the keyboard to be made by Razer or offbrand, Cherry MX Switches would be preferable (Either Speed, Brown or Blue), RGB (Ideally Per key backlighting), Matte finish (dont care as much about this), $100-$150 AUD Budget (If I find the right keyboard I will be fine to pay more)

Thanks in advanced,

Oliver

idk tbh

3 hours ago, Ironwhale2009 said:

Not a fan of roamer g?

not many people are fans of romer g, at least for typing. Its mediocre at best. 

4 hours ago, Greenish said:

Hey LTT Community,

Now I know this task seems simple, but... I need help finding a keyboard. I have been doing research but there are just too many keyboards. So my current keyboard is the Razer Blackwidow X Chroma. I am deciding to switch because the one of the keycaps slightly cracked and its triggering my OCD. Not to mention that Razer refused to send me a new one after I offered to pay. I dont really care thet they wouldnt replace it, and I know that can buy new keycaps but I want a new keyboard. So my criteria is... I dont want the keyboard to be made by Razer or offbrand, Cherry MX Switches would be preferable (Either Speed, Brown or Blue), RGB (Ideally Per key backlighting), Matte finish (dont care as much about this), $100-$150 AUD Budget (If I find the right keyboard I will be fine to pay more)

Thanks in advanced,

Oliver

Maybe a Leopold Fc750 or 900r, they have a great selection of cherry mx switches and they have great build quality. They also have very nice double shot pbt keycaps. Though theres not dedicated media keys or Rgb back lighting. This doesn't really fit the criteria but I think you should give it a try. 

If you want a very nice gaming keyboard with rgb, I would recommend the wooting analog optical keyboard, its a bit over your budget but it has super smooth switches that are prob the smoothest modern linear switches. And its also optical and analog, so its pretty good in games. 

16 minutes ago, b emoji said:

not many people are fans of romer g, at least for typing. Its mediocre at best. 

I swapped from a cherry mx red switch board by drevo.

I Much prefer roamer g, but i guess it's a subjective thing.

14 hours ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

Sorry it doesnt really fit the criteria. I dont really want something thats like a chinese offbrand, I would prefer a more mainstream brand. Thanks for the help however.

idk tbh

9 hours ago, Ironwhale2009 said:

I swapped from a cherry mx red switch board by drevo.

I Much prefer roamer g, but i guess it's a subjective thing.

In the review I linked, they said "they cant imagine going back to cherry red's". I personally use cherry blue switches in my keyboard in my other setup. I am used to cherry switches and I like them. I might consider 

idk tbh

10 hours ago, b emoji said:

Maybe a Leopold Fc750 or 900r, they have a great selection of cherry mx switches and they have great build quality. They also have very nice double shot pbt keycaps. Though theres not dedicated media keys or Rgb back lighting. This doesn't really fit the criteria but I think you should give it a try. 

If you want a very nice gaming keyboard with rgb, I would recommend the wooting analog optical keyboard, its a bit over your budget but it has super smooth switches that are prob the smoothest modern linear switches. And its also optical and analog, so its pretty good in games. 

I will be sure to check them out!!! Thanks :)

idk tbh

29 minutes ago, Greenish said:

Sorry it doesnt really fit the criteria. I dont really want something thats like a chinese offbrand, I would prefer a more mainstream brand. Thanks for the help however.

HP is a Chinese offbrand? That's a new one. 

Don't know about the store and how the product itself is, but the Gateron switches are generally considered better than Cherrys. 

:)

3 minutes ago, seon123 said:

Don't know about the store and how the product itself is, but the Gateron switches are generally considered better than Cherrys. 

I am aware that HP is a big brand. But I have never know that HP made Gaming Keyboards (apart from Omen OFC). I just dont really trust a chinese store selling a keyboard I had no idea existed. I personally want cherries in me keyboard

idk tbh

4 hours ago, seon123 said:

I agree, imo gaterons are better than modern cherry mx, its very noticeable in their linear switches. Modern Mx Blacks are much grainier and scratchy compared to gateron blacks which feel quite smooth, similar to vintage cherry mx.