Upgrade Suggestions Required for Gaming

Hey everyone I’m new here but here is my current build plus I have another 8gb of ram and a 1tb SD for storage. I was wondering really which should be upgraded first. CPU to a ryzen 7 or GPU to a 1070. This is a build for gaming and general computer use.

thank you.

0BAC1928-9E88-4E24-8DD8-4F150C2C25C7.png

59 minutes ago, TheeRealHunter said:

Hey everyone I’m new here but here is my current build plus I have another 8gb of ram and a 1tb SD for storage. I was wondering really which should be upgraded first. CPU to a ryzen 7 or GPU to a 1070. This is a build for gaming and general computer use.

thank you.

-you might get more help if you start a new topic. also using links is better than pictures. 

-get the R5 2600 if all you wanna do is just gaming and general use. GPU-wise you can upgrade to a 1070 or 1080.

-I hope your other 8gb stick of RAM matches exactly the one shown in the picture cause otherwise, you might get compatibility issues.  also ryzen loves fast RAM in dual channel and that 2400mhz RAM is slow.

i7-8700K l MSI RX 580 8GB ARMOR MK2 MSI - Z370 KRAIT GAMING l G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR4-3200 l Inland 120GB SSD + 1TB HDD Scythe FUMA Rev. B l EVGA 600W 80+ Bronze Certified l Asus VG248QE 144Hz l Zowie FK2 Audio-Technica ATH-AD500X l Phanteks P300 Tempered Glass l Corsair Gaming K70 RAPIDFIRE l windows 10.

You need a lot of new stuff to actually get a decent upgrade, the only thing worth keeping i guess is the graphics card.
Dont get me wrong, by no means i say you cannot keep gaming but if you want my opinion first of all you need to step up and get to DDR4 memory on your Ram  which  as we both know requires a new motherboard and the new motherboard requires a new CPU.

As a WoW player myself, i know its very CPU demanding game, the first thing you should change is that.

CPU+Mobo+Ram go package, and that's gonna cost you a bit. 

@TheeRealHunter If you want my honest opinion: you don't need to upgrade anything unless you are feeling a performance hit / it's not doing what you want it to do.

With that said, I would recommend upgrading your processor to the Ryzen 7 2700. Make sure your motherboard has the latest BIOS and can run 2nd gen Ryzen. Last gen boards sometimes have trouble running 2nd gen Ryzen.

Your graphics card will do fine for what you have explained.

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018