Need Some Help Regarding Data Loss

photogamer

I had an old PC that I installed Windows Server on, the boot drive was a 60GB SSD. However, the PC only had 2 SATA connections. So I found a PCI card that had 4 sata ports inside the computer and 2 e-sata ports on the outside. I currently have 3 drives connected to it, 1 3TB and 2 5TB. I had a ton of movies and TV shows on there (was using it as a server for Kodi media player). I had about 1.5TB of generic stuff and nearly 4TB of media. I had some issues and I get an error in POST. If I ignore that error and boot into Windows Server it shows the 1.5TB of generic stuff but none of the media. It only shows one out of the 3 hard drives. I pulled the drives and put them into an external enclosure (connected via USB) to see what was up, 1 of the 5TB drives seems dead, it won't spin up and makes no noise. The other 2 drives do spin up but they won't show up in the OS. Everything worked fine up until about a week ago. I'm at a loss. Any help is much appreciated.

13 minutes ago, photogamer said:

Any help is much appreciated.

Zero Assumption Recovery.

Only software you will ever need. Just make sure you have a really big drive to hold all the data it recovers.

Also, not free....

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

7 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Zero Assumption Recovery.

Only software you will ever need. Just make sure you have a really big drive to hold all the data it recovers.

Also, not free....

I’ll give that a try. Is it best to install it on the actual system or onto a 2nd computer? Is Linux better than PC for stuff like this? Thanks!

Turns out I was using the 'Storage Spaces' feature of Windows Server 2012 to pool capacity. Two of the drives aren't showing up (see screenshot). One of those is the 5TB drive which doesn't even seem to want to spin up. Any updated advice?

Storage Spaces.png

5 hours ago, photogamer said:

I’ll give that a try. Is it best to install it on the actual system or onto a 2nd computer? Is Linux better than PC for stuff like this? Thanks!

Do not install it on drives you want to recover data from.

ZAR is (IIRC) Windows only

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.