Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help optimizing my pc.

CPU: Intel i7-4770K 3.5ghz

SSD: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB

SSD: Intel 520 series 60GB

HDD: Several Western Digital Hard Drives 

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 SSC GAMING

Monitor: AOC 2236Vw Widescreen 21.5-inch LCD.

Side Monitor: some pos dell lol

Audio: Realtek HD audio.

Mobo: ASUS Z97-A

Ram: Patriot Viper 3 series Limited edition Intel Extreme Masters 8gb running @2133mhz

Psu: Corsair Gaming Series 800-Watt

Is it possible for someone to help me get the optimal performance this build can dish out. I feel like I spent alot of money on this build years ago but it doesn't feel like my hardware is working to its best.

You want the OS on the 850 EVO, as it's the fastest?

Other than that, not much else. How much ram do you have?

Build doesn't look like it should be performing too bad unless you're gaming or doing some editing. 

Your GPU and 8gb's of RAM seem to be the only things holding you back. You can either upgrade the card. (Try finding a 980ti or 1070)

Buy another stick of RAM to ease the workload as well. 

Your cpu should be fine for gaming especially that it's overclocked.

your gpu is poor and recommend an upgrade, for 1080p gaming a 1060 3/6gb or 580 6gb will be good for a while.

You have a 800w psu which is more than fine for upgrading the gpu

Another 8gb of ram will speed up day to day tasks and will improve gaming performance *

A new monitor isn't necessary but that would be a starting point to sort your pc out - if you want to game at a higher resolution then you will need a better gpu than the one i suggested earlier. 

I think your CPU is a great CPU, but I bet you could hit 4GHz will the some good cooling. The Asus Z97 boards are awesome because despite the fact that they are workstation boards, they overclock like gaming boards (user of a Z97-AR here). On top of that, the 1050 is such a bottom tier CPU. You ought to get a 1060 6gb like I used to use for my 4790k.

Yeah I know everyone said get a better GPU already but I can't help stating the obvious.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - dark mode Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

How many watts do I need? Seasonic Focus thread, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Im kinda stuck with the 1050 since I cant afford anything else and switching to amd for me is not an option since I never had a good experience with the software. I mean ive entered a shit ton of events to win a gpu but not luck at all. as for ram Im going to be upping that soon but I wont be able to afford a decent card for awhile and if Im gonna upgrade it might as well be something future proof since I live in a high tax state with only minimum wage pay.

On 10/17/2018 at 4:51 PM, TechyBen said:

You want the OS on the 850 EVO, as it's the fastest?

Other than that, not much else. How much ram do you have?

On 10/17/2018 at 4:51 PM, DaPhuc said:

CPU is still good in 2018. Upgrade GTX 1050 to GTX 1070. 

On 10/17/2018 at 4:54 PM, DVA said:

Build doesn't look like it should be performing too bad unless you're gaming or doing some editing. 

Your GPU and 8gb's of RAM seem to be the only things holding you back. You can either upgrade the card. (Try finding a 980ti or 1070)

Buy another stick of RAM to ease the workload as well. 

On 10/17/2018 at 4:55 PM, Ben Mills said:

Your cpu should be fine for gaming especially that it's overclocked.

your gpu is poor and recommend an upgrade, for 1080p gaming a 1060 3/6gb or 580 6gb will be good for a while.

You have a 800w psu which is more than fine for upgrading the gpu

Another 8gb of ram will speed up day to day tasks and will improve gaming performance *

A new monitor isn't necessary but that would be a starting point to sort your pc out - if you want to game at a higher resolution then you will need a better gpu than the one i suggested earlier. 

On 10/17/2018 at 5:13 PM, fasauceome said:

I think your CPU is a great CPU, but I bet you could hit 4GHz will the some good cooling. The Asus Z97 boards are awesome because despite the fact that they are workstation boards, they overclock like gaming boards (user of a Z97-AR here). On top of that, the 1050 is such a bottom tier CPU. You ought to get a 1060 6gb like I used to use for my 4790k.

Yeah I know everyone said get a better GPU already but I can't help stating the obvious.

Im kinda stuck with the 1050 since I cant afford anything else and switching to amd for me is not an option since I never had a good experience with the software. I mean ive entered a shit ton of events to win a gpu but not luck at all. as for ram Im going to be upping that soon but I wont be able to afford a decent card for awhile and if Im gonna upgrade it might as well be something future proof since I live in a high tax state with only minimum wage pay. so If I could even scratch more the $600 to put down on a 1070ti thats what Im gonna have to go for but that wont be anytime soon. Ive actually been trying to win a new gpu for the past 2 years since Im honestly that poor. I had a 780ti but it fried on me. Guess Im stuck with this lame gpu.

6 hours ago, Chronicle Drew said:

switching to amd for me is not an option since I never had a good experience with the software.

The only reason not to use AMD is that you already have a good CPU. You Don't need to handle ant software if you get a ryzen CPU, it works like an Intel CPU.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - dark mode Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

How many watts do I need? Seasonic Focus thread, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad