Upgrade required?

Hello everyone.

Today im rocking a i5 4670k on a b85 chip with 16gb ram and a GTX 1070, but i feel that the CPU is bottlenecking.

CPU is under 100% load and GPU is on like 80-100%

Should i get a z97 and OC my CPU or should i i get my friends i7 4790k with a z97 board. 

What would be the best solution, i do not want to spend tio much money also.

Also, will 32gb ram be a large improvement over 16? 

Im mostly gaming BR games, atm cod, will play some future AAA games aswell when they arrive.

I have a 1080p 144hz monitor

Thanks everyone for reading

Edited by Rhodin016
CPU load

I would go for the i7, just cause if you get the z97 and OC you might still have bottleneck, increasing to 32 wouldnt be a large improvement since for videogames what matters is the VRAM, unless you are playing something extremely heavy, 

Thats my opinion but im not a pro,

PD: Woah

Swapping the CPU and overclocking it would help, but I'm not sure by how much.  If you can do it cheaply it would be worth it, but if it would cost any respectable portion of what it would take to get something modern, you may as well do that instead.  Also going to 32 GB of RAM for gaming would make literally no difference.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

I think just getting an i7 (maybe K edition and a little bit of overclocking) with the same Socket should be enough.

Unless you are working with VM's, 16 GB should be enough. You won't get any noticeable performance boost by adding more ram.

I would save my money if i were you and upgrade to something more modern. Plus like Ryan pointed out games for care for more Ram. 

My Current Build: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/36jXwh

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 3600X | CPU Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO XT | Motherboard: Asus - STRIX X370-F GAMING | RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 2x8Gb DDR4 @3000MHz | GPU: Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB AORUS XTREME Video Card | Storage: Samsung - 860 EVO 250GB M.2-2280 - Sandisk SSD 240GB - Sandisk SSD 1TB - WD Blue 4TB| PSU: Corsair RM (2019) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply | Case: Corsair - Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE ATX Mid Tower Case | System Fans: Corsair - ML120 PRO RGB 47.3 CFM 120mm x 4 & Corsair - ML140 PRO RGB 55.4 CFM 140mm x 2 | Display: Samsung KS9000 |Keyboard: Logitech - G613 | Mouse: Logitech - G703 | Operating System: Windows 10 Pro