UPS - Difference between these

Hi P
Go to solution Solved by W-L,
2 minutes ago, Hi P said:

I found two UPS on a store near me, they are nearly the same price, specs wise seems to be the same (I think...)

I expected the LCD Display UPS to be more expensive since it has (apparently to me) more features than the other.

But it's the other way around, the LCD one is cheaper than the other, so it got me thinking if the other one is better and why?

- Cyberpower Intelligent LCD UPS

- Cyberpower AVR UPS

Which one would you recommend and why?

Thank you

They are not very different other than having some data feedback as in wattage usage, battery life etc, as for which one to choose I would recommend the PFC unit as they are puresinewave if you're wanting to get the best. 

https://www.cyberpowersystems.com/products/ups/pfc-sinewave/

I found two UPS on a store near me, they are nearly the same price, specs wise seems to be the same (I think...)

I expected the LCD Display UPS to be more expensive since it has (apparently to me) more features than the other.

But it's the other way around, the LCD one is cheaper than the other, so it got me thinking if the other one is better and why?

- Cyberpower AVR UPS

Thank you

2 minutes ago, Hi P said:

- Cyberpower AVR UPS

Thank you

They are not very different other than having some data feedback as in wattage usage, battery life etc, as for which one to choose I would recommend the PFC unit as they are puresinewave if you're wanting to get the best. 

https://www.cyberpowersystems.com/products/ups/pfc-sinewave/

8 minutes ago, W-L said:

I would recommend the PFC unit as they are puresinewae.

I found a Pure Sinewave on the store, just a bit more expensive but within my budget.

What's the difference between Simulated Sinewave and Pure Sinewave?

Is there a real-world difference?

1 minute ago, Hi P said:

I found a Pure Sinewave on the store, just a bit more expensive but within my budget.

What's the difference between Simulated Sinewave and Pure Sinewave?

Is there a real-world difference?

It has to do with how the sinewave is recreated, all units will create an artificial sinewave even pure sinewave units it just depends on how well they do it. For the odd PSU it can mean better compatibility as it's not unheard of for a PSU to reject a poor quality simulated sinewaves. Other than that you do get slight better efficiency and power quality to the devices itself.