Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

PC won't post

TomBrad95

Hi, yesterday I changed my PC case but it didn't post, I started removing additional hardware and now it still won't post! At the moment I've got my motherboard, CPU + fan, 1 stick of 8gb ram, power supply, 1 hard drive connected. 

I asked my colleagues why and later found I was missing a cable, that was with some hardware missing and it posted! However, when I've plugged the rest of the hardware back in it no longer works! 

Any help is greatly appreciated!

10 minutes ago, TomBrad95 said:

Hi, yesterday I changed my PC case but it didn't post, I started removing additional hardware and now it still won't post! At the moment I've got my motherboard, CPU + fan, 1 stick of 8gb ram, power supply, 1 hard drive connected. 

I asked my colleagues why and later found I was missing a cable, that was with some hardware missing and it posted! However, when I've plugged the rest of the hardware back in it no longer works! 

Take the entire system out of the case, pop it on a phone book, and turn it on, see what happens.

So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

Do what the other guy said, see if it works without the case

Desktop

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600   I   MB: Asrock x370 Killer SLI/AC   I   GPU: RTX 3070 FTW3 Ultra   I   RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 16GB @ 3200mhz   I   SSD:  512 GB WD Black SN750    I  HDD: 4TB WD Black   

Mobile

2021 Asus G14 | Ryzen 9 5900hs | RTX 3060 Max Q | 1TB SSD | 40GB RAM

4 hours ago, TomBrad95 said:

What exactly is it doing when you turn it on?  Does the pc itself show any sign of failure?

5 hours ago, Dcit-223 said:

What exactly is it doing when you turn it on?  Does the pc itself show any sign of failure?

Its now fixed. No idea what was wrong/how it was fixed but all components are now connected. Might have been the case since I've put it back in the original and had no problems!

1 hour ago, TomBrad95 said:

Its now fixed. No idea what was wrong/how it was fixed but all components are now connected. Might have been the case since I've put it back in the original and had no problems!

glad to hear its all working.