Problem in playing Videos from Pc to TV

Eric Richard
Go to solution Solved by Syrune54,
4 minutes ago, Eric Richard said:

It was handling 2560x1080 on my monitor. On tv, I just tried 1080p and 1080i, same results on both. It's 3D tv not 4K

lowering the resolution might helped the problem.because monitor's isn't as same as tv's anyway

plus 1600p is not a 4K res anyway

I have a Sony 3D TV. I've connected my PC ( C2D E4600, Nvidia GT430, 4GB RAM, Windows 7 64bit) via HDMI. The scene selection keeps changing. I had to turn off the Auto Scene selection. Everything else works fine, except videos. Videos are not playing in any player. VLC freezes in the first frame, Pot player plays few mins and crashes, other players not even opening the file. sometimes PC even restarts itself. What's causing the problem? Is it PC Resolution? or GPU? or HDMI cable? (It was working good on my LG ultrawide 25-inch monitor)

maybe the GPU's problem as the GT 430 cannot handle resolution higher than 2560 x 1600

Reminder to always be happy even in tough situations 🙂

1 minute ago, Andrew54 said:

maybe the GPU's problem as the GT 430 cannot handle resolution higher than 2560 x 1600

It was handling 2560x1080 on my monitor. On tv, I just tried 1080p and 1080i, same results on both. It's 3D tv not 4K

4 minutes ago, Eric Richard said:

lowering the resolution might helped the problem.because monitor's isn't as same as tv's anyway

Reminder to always be happy even in tough situations 🙂

2 minutes ago, Andrew54 said:

will try that

17 hours ago, Andrew54 said:

found the problem, it's the HDMI cable. I switched the cable with the stock cable came with LG monitor and it's working great. I think my tv is not supporting HDMI 2.0.