Keyboard Advice

MechaToaster

Same boat as @Hunter_Finlay, I am really not fond of Razor, a ton of better keyboards out there for cheaper. I have found myself recommending Corsair refurbs off amazon a lot, get a great keyboard for a fraction of the cost.  

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Full custom loop / links below out of date

LTT Build Log | PCPP Build Log

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Razer will work but personally I feel that Razer is a waste of money. Find a nice keyboard from Corsair, Steelseries or Logitech as they should be cheaper and give you better performance. 

I use the Steelseries Apex M500 and it's great. It works with Mac (if you ever need that functionality), it has Cherry MX Red switches (which are great to type on) and it's built like an absolute tank. Spilled water and coffee on this thing more times than I can remember, and it's still held up. Unfortunately I don't think you can get these anymore but you can definitely get similar Steelseries keyboards which will likely perform just as well.

4 minutes ago, 1kv said:

Razer will work but personally I feel that Razer is a waste of money. Find a nice keyboard from Corsair, Steelseries or Logitech as they should be cheaper and give you better performance. 

I use the Steelseries Apex M500 and it's great. It works with Mac (if you ever need that functionality), it has Cherry MX Red switches (which are great to type on) and it's built like an absolute tank. Spilled water and coffee on this thing more times than I can remember, and it's still held up. Unfortunately I don't think you can get these anymore but you can definitely get similar Steelseries keyboards which will likely perform just as well.

SteelSeries is also another great option, I loved every one I had, only issues I had with some of their older hardware is the labels/designs/print wore off in a matter of months. I'm sure they've fixed this by now. 

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Full custom loop / links below out of date

LTT Build Log | PCPP Build Log

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.

2 minutes ago, jeffmeyer5295 said:

SteelSeries is also another great option, I loved every one I had, only issues I had with some of their older hardware is the labels/designs/print wore off in a matter of months. I'm sure they've fixed this by now. 

They have. My keyboard's had 2 years of constant usage and it looks to be in pretty good shape if you ignore some scratches and just general wear and tear.

(Only issue with Steelseries was my mouse decided to suddenly die out of nowhere so I had to replace it.. Still the best mouse I've ever used though!)