Buying a new TV to connect my PC

TheJFlow

Hey,

I Was wondering about buying a new TV for my room and I want to connect it to my PC, the problem was that i couldn't choose which TV should I buy so that I will get 60 fps at a 4k res. I will use the TV as a second screen so that my main screen is the PC monitor.

Is a special spec. required or any 4k TV will provide 60 fps? is the size of the TV matters?

My PC contains a gtx 1080ti with a core i-7 7700k.

Thank you in advance!

Primary concern using a Tv for PC/console is input lag.

Since manufacturers dont specify input latency you have to check review sites.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/recommendation

Rtings is a good place check. Use the recommendation tool and add usage for PC and gaming.

Your looking for a Tv with low input lag and fast pixel response.

You gunna want fast pixel response, TV's almost always use VA panels and they tend to have slow pixel response which results in ghosting, this is very noticable when using a PC ,and when gaming, so you want to find a TV with a fast VA panel.

Size doesnt matter, what ever you prefer, just note that the larger a screen gets the low the pixel per inch is for any given resolution.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Look for something like "true refresh rate" to be 60Hz. Ones you see labeled 120Hz or 240Hz are faked, but are probably 60Hz. Most 4k tvs are 60Hz nowadays. As far as the size goes, it only matters if you plan on sitting close to it because anything over a 49" at 4K will have pixels large enough to see.

Thank you for the answers! I will search which TV fits me the must and publish it here :)