Strange issue with my U2711

dwpdwp

When I turn the LCD on after it been off more than an hour, I get groups of vertical tuck pixel lines appearing on the display. However after approx 20 minutes of it been switch on and receiving signal, the stuck pixel lines totally disappear and the LCD is behaving as it should.

Anyone know why this would happen? I cant make it stop and its very annoying for it to happen to such a nice display as well. Its out of warranty before anyone asks, so I cant send it back.

OH NOOoooo!!!!! :S

That's one kick-ass monitor! And its not sold anymore. At least not in US and Canada.

I am afraid the panel itself is broken. The reason why the column of pixels activates after a while must be because the current finally reaches the area of the circuit that draws this column line. Also, heat from the monitor might help the process in activating these pixels again.

I have the U2410, which is the little brother of the U2711, so I can't imagine not having my monitor anymore. :(

All I can say, is try a different input (maybe you are lucky), and cable (just to be sure it's not that)... but if not, I am afraid you fell into a manufacture error from the LG panel. :/

Before buying a new monitor, I would call Dell... see if they repair it out of warranty. Of course it will cost you... but I mean it should be cheaper than buying a new one.

Ask you never know. If not, ask if you can buy a refurbished one. Dell refurbished are usually not bad.