Suggestions for simple wearable

Mostly I'm looking for a simple wearable to see whatever notification just blew up my phone. I don't need fitness tracking, GPS or watch-based cellular. 
I'm a noob to this category so all I've really seen so far is either a Fitbit on the cheap at Amazon, or the iWatch on the top end. 

Can anyone point me in the direction of something in-between that has good battery life & build quality but isn't gonna cost my other t*sticle? I'll take the options listed above if I need to, but I'd prefer not to pay extra for features I probably won't use much. 

I'm on Android with a G5S+ running 7.1.1 if that helps. Won't be buying until after the holidays (USA), but that will give me plenty of time to dig into the specs once I know where I can start. 

Sorry I made a bit of research and every smartwatch that I could find that offer some kind of variation other than showing how much steps you did and clock is over 100$.
I liked this one as a cheap option but good overall design.

https://misfit.com/misfit-vapor

Not cheap but high-end materials and specs used in it.

The ticwatch e is quite a cheap smartwatch for starters. U may also consider hybrid watches if u only care about notifications and the battery last a long time and some cost a lot cheaper than normal smartwatches. Some brands i know for hybrid smartwatch are fossil and garmin.

Btw I'm planning to get my first smartwatch as well. Considering the galaxy watch and the skagen falster, or maybe the gear sport which i can get for quite cheap in my country.