Any OBS/Vegas Quality tips or tricks?

I'm recording 1080p60, but my videos still don't look quite as smooth as I'd like. I'd add motion blur, but then a 20 minute video takes 9 hours to render instead of 1. Resample looks disgusting unless I have 120FPS, which doesn't record well with OBS on my PC (although D3Dgear did it with relatively low stuttering). So, does anybody have any tips for getting the most out of OBS or Vegas? My specs:

i5-4670 (Intel Turbo mode from 3.4ghz to 3.8ghz)

8GB RAM (default for dell optiplex 9200, same with motherboard)

GT 1030 (no overclock)

Settings for OBS:

Recording: 1080p, bilinear filter, 60fps, CRF 12, Quicksync

Streaming: 1080p, 60fps, CBR 15000, Quicksync

Settings for Vegas render:

1080p, 60fps, best resolution rendering quality, disable resample, 50MBPS video bitrate, 128kbps audio bitrate

My game/recording doesn't lag at 60FPS, I get 300-400FPS ingame usually. Recording Minecraft and MCW10 mainly.

5 minutes ago, MCBYT said:

I'm recording 1080p60, but my videos still don't look quite as smooth as I'd like. I'd add motion blur, but then a 20 minute video takes 9 hours to render instead of 1. Resample looks disgusting unless I have 120FPS, which doesn't record well with OBS on my PC (although D3Dgear did it with relatively low stuttering). So, does anybody have any tips for getting the most out of OBS or Vegas? My specs:

i5-4670 (Intel Turbo mode from 3.4ghz to 3.8ghz)

8GB RAM (default for dell optiplex 9200, same with motherboard)

GT 1030 (no overclock)

Settings for OBS:

Recording: 1080p, bilinear filter, 60fps, CRF 12, Quicksync

Streaming: 1080p, 60fps, CBR 15000, Quicksync

Settings for Vegas render:

1080p, 60fps, best resolution rendering quality, disable resample, 50MBPS video bitrate, 128kbps audio bitrate

Try lowering your setting to 710p and have a GTX 1050 and that is what I use to record.

What are these for?

1 minute ago, epikgamerwmp said:

Try lowering your setting to 710p and have a GTX 1050 and that is what I use to record.

Can't afford a GTX 1050 :/ It's not an issue with lag though, I do hit all 60FPS with hardly any dropped frames and still get an average of 300-400FPS in-game. Just wish there was a way to make it smoother since I can't record higher than 60FPS without lag

2 minutes ago, akio123008 said:

What are you recording?

I'm mainly recording Minecraft and Minecraft Windows 10 Multiplayer. Factions in MCW10 and KitPvP/HCF for Minecraft PC. I'm also planning on recording a bit of Dolphin emulator (1080p60 settings) SSBB.

Also, why the 50 Mbps in Vegas? That seems to be an extremely overkill bitrate for 1080p on any online video platform. 20 Mbps would be fine and a lot faster.

3 minutes ago, akio123008 said:

Also, why the 50 Mbps in Vegas? That seems to be an extremely overkill bitrate for any online video platform. 20 Mbps would be fine and a lot faster.

Just might as well have it as high as I can. I've got a ton of space on my PC and a 50MBPS upload speed. If there was a way I could just make a custom bitrate to render, I'd choose 30MBPS to save a bit of space and time, but I think it only can be changed from the dropdown.

Is your OBS Bitrate high enough? 

On 9/26/2018 at 9:54 AM, fpo said:

Is your OBS Bitrate high enough? 

Definitely, I used to use a CBR of 40,000 but now I've switched to ICQ 12. It's not in terms of actual video quality, just not smooth. Maybe because everyone I watch has motion blur.