PSU Suggestions/Recommendations

RKarim

Hey Everyone!

I'm building a new PC and I was wondering what PSU would be advisable. I'm planning on running a Ryzen 2700x, and a GTX 1080. Would this PSU be a good choice (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07793TFW8/?tag=pcpapi-20)? I was also looking at the EVGA G2 lineup. I'm rather concerned about this, as I'm not quite sure what PSU to choose, and as its a PSU I know you have to be careful. Any input on this topic would be very much appreciated. 

RKarim

Seasonic is a good brand, especially their focus line up

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

1 minute ago, lmeneses said:

So that's recommending the focus gold?

1 minute ago, RKarim said:

So that's recommending the focus gold?

yes

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

3 hours ago, RKarim said:

Hey Everyone!

I'm building a new PC and I was wondering what PSU would be advisable. I'm planning on running a Ryzen 2700x, and a GTX 1080. Would this PSU be a good choice (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07793TFW8/?tag=pcpapi-20)? I was also looking at the EVGA G2 lineup. I'm rather concerned about this, as I'm not quite sure what PSU to choose, and as its a PSU I know you have to be careful. Any input on this topic would be very much appreciated. 

RKarim

Seasonic Focus has Problems with highe End GPUs. 

EVGA is worse than others for about the same money, they are just nothign special or bring anything interesting to the table.

Another Option: Bitfenix Formula, Whisper M, Cougar GX-F, be quiet Straight Power 11.

And for that, 450W is enough w/o OC; with OC to be "on the safe side", 550W.

2 hours ago, lmeneses said:

Could we stop with the going by brand bullshit?!
Because Seasonic has some Garbage in their lineup.

Since I'm fed up with this Seasonic Hype stuff, read that:

https://www.hardwareinsights.com/seasonic-energyknight-ss-350et-t3-the-cheapest-seasonic-unit/

IT DIED!

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"