Help wall mounting Barracuda Web Filter 310

TubsAlwaysWins

So I need to mount a Web Filter 310 on a wall because we cant get a rack for some reason. The issue is the mounting holes only orient for rack mounting, not mounting sideways. anyone have an idea of how I could make a mount that would work? Im thinking some wood thing or something, but maybe there is a better solution. 

Thanks

Breaking things 1 day at a time

3 minutes ago, TubsAlwaysWins said:

So I need to mount a Web Filter 310 on a wall because we cant get a rack for some reason. The issue is the mounting holes only orient for rack mounting, not mounting sideways. anyone have an idea of how I could make a mount that would work? Im thinking some wood thing or something, but maybe there is a better solution. 

Thanks

i would say mount your moterboard to a piece of wood like you would in a case but then mount the board on the wall. if you have any further questions please ask

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

2 minutes ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

i would say mount your moterboard to a piece of wood like you would in a case but then mount the board on the wall. if you have any further questions please ask

The issue is its in its own case thing and I cant remove anything from the case (1. Its like a 1600 dollar machine 2. I cant void the warranty (Most of the price is for the warranty)).

310.jfif

I would suggest a wall mount bracket designed for mounting 19" network equipment in the proper orientation, they are not terribly expensive and available in different depths and mounting capacities depending on the size of the equipment. If the unit weighs more than a couple of pounds, get a small piece of plywood to put behind it and the wall if the surface is drywall or plaster to prevent the unit falling off. Hit up amazon or somewhere similar and search for patch panel wall bracket, you will find all kinds of good options at various price ranges.

3 minutes ago, TubsAlwaysWins said:

The issue is its in its own case thing and I cant remove anything from the case (1. Its like a 1600 dollar machine 2. I cant void the warranty (Most of the price is for the warranty)).

310.jfif

how handy are you with wood? Just get 2 x 4 and then attache 2 orther 2 x 4's to it and have it held up by the rack ears.

1 minute ago, TubsAlwaysWins said:

310.jfif

oh, i see.. well you could always just get some right angle pieces (metal) to attatch a board into a corner and put your pc on top of it... if it is a 1600 dollar pc i do not recommend taking it apart, even if you were okay with voiding the warreant 

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

I'd put 2 (probably metal, but wood would work too) posts spaced 23.6" (I think that's how wide the filter is) on the wall, so you can hang the filter by the mounting holes and then make some holes in the posts to let you screw the filter in. 

(here's a bad diagram I made with paint:)

filterdia.jpg.1e6a16249e92632c9e223440dbcc6f5d.jpg

Specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 3700X @4.4Ghz, GPU: Gigabyte RX 5700 XT, RAM: 32 GB (2x 8GB Trident Z Royal + 2x 8GB TForce Vulkan Z) @3000Mhz, Motherboard: ASRock B550m Steel Legend, Storage: 1x WD Black 1Tb NVMe (boot) + 1x Samsung 860 QVO 1Tb SSD (storage), Case: Thermaltake Core V21, Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

10 hours ago, TubsAlwaysWins said:

Thanks

9 hours ago, Sayori said:

They make vertical racks you know?

https://www.4cabling.com.au/3ru-19-wall-mount-frame-vertical.html

45 minutes ago, Blake said:

hey those look pretty neat.

that's a better idea than what I came up with, I assumed

11 hours ago, TubsAlwaysWins said:

we cant get a rack for some reason

would include stuff like that

Specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 3700X @4.4Ghz, GPU: Gigabyte RX 5700 XT, RAM: 32 GB (2x 8GB Trident Z Royal + 2x 8GB TForce Vulkan Z) @3000Mhz, Motherboard: ASRock B550m Steel Legend, Storage: 1x WD Black 1Tb NVMe (boot) + 1x Samsung 860 QVO 1Tb SSD (storage), Case: Thermaltake Core V21, Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

11 hours ago, Blake said:

Ill have to look into those. It is in a hallway though with limited space (Im working on changing it to something else).

Thanks for bringing those to my attention

For now I just build a wooden wall mount